Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dark Tower (Nikolaj Arcel, Aug. 4th, 2017) Movie • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, May 16, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

I don't care about Rotten Tomatoes but I reeaallly want this to get a couple more positive reviews so it bumps up to 19%. It would just be too perfect.

2. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

That's what I thought after watching the trailer too actually

3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Made $19m this weekend, as it was destined to.

4. Dog with a Blog

Haha, of course it did

5. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

This isn't as bad as the internet is making it seem. That being said, it is bad.

6. Night Channels

Trusted

It might be worse than that.

7. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol

8. So sad that this sucks. I won't see it in theaters, but I'll eventually watch it when it's out on Blu Ray.

I was looking forward to this for years as it's one of my favorite book series. Such a shame, especially with how fucking long it took for this to be made and released.

9. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Unsure why people had high expectations for a King adaptation; they're something to be pleasantly surprised by, not excited for lol

10. Dog with a Blog

I don't think people necessarily had high expectations, I know I sure didn't, but it's such a beloved series that we just wanted so desperately for it to be even good. Then it comes out and not only is it a bad adaptation, but it's just a dumpster fire of a movie. It's just unfortunate, especially considering how long this was in development hell.

Cody likes this.
  11. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

true. As a huge fan of all his books, this series especially, I've stopped getting my hopes up as it only causes further heartbreak. sucks this is like the pinnacle of that disappointment

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  12. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Finally watched this. Oooof this was bad. Why on earth did they turn this into a corny YA action film? I had low expectations going into this and it was as bad as everyone said. "Close the portal...I caaaaan't"

13. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I enjoyed it. Never read the books. It wasn't the best movie ever, but I thought the end fight was fun. Maybe I'm biased because of how much I love Idris Elba.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  14. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Just saw this at the $2.50 theater I mentioned. Wow. It’s not a bad movie. It’s a baffling movie.

Roland and Jake were cast perfectly and had great chemistry and that wasn’t even really utilized. Walter was cast surprisingly poorly for being excited about him being cast back when it was announced.

This may be the worst adaptation attempt in history. Yikes. I just. How is this the movie that got made?

15. Dog with a Blog

I forgot this existed. It’s almost half of a movie, it’s incredibly bizarre.

Edit: the lighthearted tone on which the movie ends left me dumbfounded

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

"I know some weird southern guy literally burned your mom to death like super recently but lets get a hot dog, jump into some portals and have a good time. Hell yeah"
    Yeah this movie was real bad.

17. Dave Diddy

So the movie was atrocious but sounds like the tv show is moving forward with Amazon now. Ugh I want so badly for it to be good but I’m not going to allow myself to get my hopes up after that turd of a movie.

'The Dark Tower' TV Series Lands At Amazon

18. Dog with a Blog

Hmm

19. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I think I liked this movie because I was going through some stuff when I saw it and it was a nice break.

20. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This movie definitely wasn’t as bad as everyone made it out to be. First half sucked but the rest was solidly average

21. Dog with a Blog

Nah, this movie is beyond awful

22. Dog with a Blog

23. Dave Diddy

So does this mean the show is only covering stuff from Gunslinger and Wizard and Glass? Like I'm glad it's completely separate from the movie but why does no one seem to want to tell this story front to back? I'd kill for a full book by book adaptation. I don't know, maybe it's too difficult of a story to tell?

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  24. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I only watched a handful of episodes of The Walking Dead from Season 1 and wasn't a fan, and I have never seen Star Trek Discovery, but surely neither of them can be as horrible as the recent Dark Tower film...??? I couldn't even make it more than like 20 minutes into it. It was atrocious, both as a movie and as an adaption.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  25. Maverick

Trusted

Okay. I was waiting for news on this because I’ve been following the adaptation since they announced the movie years ago. Movie was not good unfortunately, I really wanted to like it but I couldn’t fool myself. The book series is one of my favorites of all time so I’m pretty invested in the idea of a fully committed screen adaptation. I’ve always said this would work much better as a tv show on HBO then any kind of film, so it’s good that amazon is moving forward with this.

My guess is that they’ll be following the story in chronological order, starting since he was a kid. Im thinking maybe the first season would center around wizard of glass/gunslinger flashbacks/losing his horn and possibly end with “the man in black fled across the desert..”