Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer Band • Page 65

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 7, 2016.

1. WashedOut

Love War Paint but not a huge fan of the drums. Tyler set the bar so high on RFTS and who ever filled on during War Paint just didn't have the same feeling. I could have sworn they weren't thrilled with the drums either at the time.

TriangularDuck likes this.
  2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I just love this record. The lyrics on this album make it my favourite of theirs, narrowly beating out RFTS and MN.

3. Are they slipping through?
    All those messages I sent
    I will cart across to every
    Single city and their states
    When you hardly have a heart
    But you need it just to break
    When I haven't let my guard down
    Just give me time to think
    Well does it start to murmur?
    It just needs some time to breathe

SamLevi11 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

My least favorite portion of this album used to be siren -> everyone left. Now that I’m older and wiser, I recognize those are the two best songs on the album

dzyjay likes this.
  5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Man, remembering how this album made me feel in the summer of 2012 (I was a little late to this band), it's crazy.

Are you lying on your back?
    Are you lying?
    Are you settling again?
    Well I'm not silenced
    It's not about the way we cut clean
    We both said a lot
    And even though we both may not speak
    You are the song I wrote that I will always love
    And I will always know
    And I will never take our time for granted
    Honestly so
    And even when we are grown
    Take everything we own
    Try to put all the pictures in your memories so
    I lost you

Through the rain
    In the morning I see May
    The season's starting over
    I don't mind waking up alone
    As longs as you still feed that dream
    Of moving out to Angel City
    No, no one's stopping you
    Nothing's holding you back
    Honestly, 'cause I still care
    No 'cause I still care

6. added this in my private vows to my wife after our wedding. definitely my favorite line

sonder, astereo and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

god damn :tear:

8. GBlades

Trusted

RFTS and WP are just staples in my discography for any band. I used to run to both albums to just take my mind off my younger years and now just feel like revisiting those.

9. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I think Mother Nature is my favorite from them, but I think War Paint holds up so fucking well and is right up there. Cannot get over it being 10 years old.

I remember Good Things being pre-released early and then Work In Progress. Wow.

10. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I’m so glad they’re back and I like everything they’ve put out but RFTS and War Paint are still their high points for me and what I return to the most.

11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's crazy, I personally loved the drums each time! ;D on War Paint it was actually Spencer Peterson from Hidden In Plain View, who is a solid, solid drummer - also recorded "Daybreak" for Saves The Day that very same year. Though for me there's just no point comparing the two, of course it wasn't the same. Curious why would you think they weren't happy with the drumming on WP?

btw. Aaron Gillespie, despite being a phenomenal drummer, laid most standard-like drum beats on their latest EP, and well, it still rocks.

12. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I was running on Sunday listening to War Paint for the first time in a long time. Beautiful day out at the seclude park away from everyone. Hearing Miscommunication and I Should Leave Right Now hit me like a ton a bricks....

Mr. Serotonin and Bartek T. like this.
  13. WashedOut

Spencer's definitely a talented drummer but its just not my favorite work of his. Tyler's work really stood out for me compared to a lot of others in this genre and he stole the show when they played live. I don't remember exactly what they said at the time as its been years but they definitely said something along the lines of not loving the way the drums came out.

TriangularDuck and Bartek T. like this.
  14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Totally get it ;D though it's hard to compare Tyler "stealing the show" to Spencer not playing with them live (I think ever?). Definitely agree that drumming on RFTS stood out and was really top notch. Sucks to downplay Spencer's work by the band though, if it was the case - cause it was still a great job.

15. WashedOut

Yeah that's true, it was also a weird situation because Tyler toured with the band after the release of War Paint for a bit so it was a tease of what could have been.

Bartek T. likes this.
  16. dzyjay

Regular

The drums on everyone left have always stood out to me as one of my favourites. Although Mother Nature as a whole the drums might be the best.

Bartek T. and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  17. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I keep saying that Sam Pura with the production on Mother Nature and a few others really went to somehow replicate that feeling of some Jery Finn mixes from 2001< era, I'm wondering if it was on purpose - I noticed lots of people catching up on that BCR comparison with "Bring Me Back To Life", but to me it's the whole album sonically - it's not really copied, but it sends the same vibes down my spine in a modern setting. Well and the drums are outstanding too! And btw. I'm sure most people here know about it, but if not then check out Ben Cato's new band called Dim - just put out a great album last week ("from dark to light we'll see") ;D

18. AJ dropped some tour date info on Patreon. Won’t share the actual dates here, but him & Matt will be on as support in a stripped down setting in the fall before heading to Europe. US Headliner in the spring in support of the album

19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

So they’re dropping an album next spring?

Bartek T. and peripheralvision like this.
  21. Very short clip in this

hairtaylor likes this.
  22. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Bartek T. likes this.
  23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

bumping this for no other reason than saying Of Confidence... is still one of my favourite song. damn.

sonder and 150Wrds like this.
  24. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I think I’m about to move to colorado and for some reason the dangerous summer without fail have always put out a record whenever the tectonic plates of my life are shifting haha.

thanks TDS, always welcoming change

sonder, FTank and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.