Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer Band • Page 61

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

2. drewinseries

Drew

Like Ghosts a lot more than the first one released, and I liked that one too.

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Damn now I am excited. Need to hear this once work is over.

sonder likes this.
  4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Video should be out today, as well

5. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Video uploaded in mono audio form lololol

beachdude42 and sophos34 like this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Lmao what year is it

8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Lincoln uploaded a video for the new Navigator in 480p max the other day... so weird.

beachdude42 and sophos34 like this.
  9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Lincoln going for that lo fi aesthetic duh!

10. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Really, really disappointed by this one. Was really hoping for a proper follow up to War Paint.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

You've heard the whole album?

12. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Oh no, I just meant this song

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

i think the song rules but what on earth is that video?

Swear Kyle Thrash is the only guy doing good videos lately. His videos for Sorority Noise and The Menzingers were fantastic.

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

time to update that OP.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This aged well

16. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

High five, man! I watched it and was slightly embarrassed for it, then went on to think "why couldn't they get Kyle Thrash or somebody" ehhh haha. Josh Coll of Foxing fame has done some awesome videos, too! well, and that was terrible, besides the girl - although what were those dialogues for?! So bad.

The song seemed good, but I need to listen to it again without vision.

17. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I feel like Golden Record gets a little too much flak. Yeah his vocals get a little grating with the constant throaty scream singing, but the instrumentals are awesome, and the production is much better than RFTS.

Jdaniels likes this.
  18. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

i really really like GR. its a very dark, kind of heavier album for them. its moody but it still has hooks and some sharp instrumentals. the little bits of experimentation were also welcome.

i do think the new album is better though. its probably on par with WP atm after about a dozen listens.

Micah511 likes this.
  19. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Yeah, I do like WP and RFTS better than GR, I just felt like it gets a lot of unnecessary hate.

I didn't know the new album was "out there", that's good to hear, but I could've guessed that after these two new songs, I love them.

20. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

its not out there yet, i just got it in my inbox for a review.

Ghost is probably more indicative of the album as a whole

TriangularDuck likes this.
  21. seems like these guys are not going to waste any time putting out more music. AJ has teased demos & journals on IG in recent weeks, which is good to see that they have that creative fire once again. I would not be surprised to see them right back in the studio by early fall, especially given that the self-titled will be a year old this summer despite it only being released in january.

22. Ben Lee

Hmmmmm. Based on his demos and journals and IG posts, I figured he was making music for some sort of other project.

23. Hmm. I would think based on their own interviews referencing the future even as S/T was just coming out that any (or most) writing would be TDS related. He's got that cover of TS Delicate that still isn't done which I think he did with Swindle & I could see him doing other have mercy collabs. I also tweeted at TDS after one of the clips he had on his story the other week something along the lines of "that a new demo in your story AJ?" which they liked.... not that that means anything haha

beachdude42, sonder and Ben Lee like this.
  24. Ben Lee

Ah that’s what he’s doing with Swindle! I assumed that was a larger project. So that’s what I thought it was, was like an EP or something with Swindle. So yeah, you’re probably right.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

The new album has come back around for me and I now like it more than ever to be honest. I think it's a great return and I'm excited to see them at probably two dates of Slam Dunk (I think I'll see Knuckle Puck in Birmingham). I'm excited that this is just their comeback record.

sonder likes this.