Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Me & My Arrow

John | Align in Time

I was surprised Dreamcatcher didn't get more attention. Wonderlust did a pretty great job of filling the TDS void when GR was a letdown and the band broke up.

Adding my name to this list. Blake, you've had a handful of the most memorable reviews I've read on this site. I think you're a killer writer. TDS was probably my favorite and most personally important discovery, but you also convinced me to check out Johnny Foreigner. I have never before or since liked an album that sounds like that, but for whatever reason it was perfectly timed. Don't know that I've ever thanked you for that, so thanks!

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Maybe he was misled into thinking misleaded was a word.

Bartek T. likes this.
  3. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

The lyrics are next level on that album though. His songwriting (word writing) was top tier there.

4. Ben Lee

If this band ever gave it another go, I'd probably pass unless Cody really takes some big steps forward or they do it without him. Isn't he still in some hot water over that whole burglary thing?

Also, idk that the demand would ever be enough to be more than a one or two show thing. I saw them in Madison at what I thought was their peak (headlining) and there was honestly like 30 people there. Idk that these guys ever made enough money that they could go back into a studio and AJ could support his family. Doesn't Brian kinda dislike them quite a bit too? I thought I saw a post once about how terrible he thought AJ and Cody were.

I think we have a better shot at seeing Cody and Ben from YMAEWK make music together before these guys ever make amends.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. SayHello

Regular

I would assume that he is in hot water still, but i'm honestly not sure. and that's Wisconsin - I can say for a fact that TDS was legitimately big on the east and west coast. i don't know if a full reunion could ever happen - but I wouldn't doubt AJ and Cody resolving their issues way down the line.....

6. Ben Lee

I suppose. They're young enough yet. Cody might eventually catch up. Didn't they end up signing for a fourth on hopeless? I suppose there's a small glimmer of hope.

7. SayHello

Regular

Yes, I believe they did still sign for another album with Hopeless. Also, I feel like after TDS split, Hopeless has really gone down hill....

8. Craig Manning

You could say that Hopeless is hopeless.

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

The song writing on this album is without a doubt some of the best of the genre. Frankly, I still don't understand how this record didn't take over the entire scene. Gonna jam this today and be happy at the memories, and sad that I only saw them once.

10. Craig Manning

Just the fact that there are people in here saying "Parachute" is a "best of the genre" kind of song while I think it's the weakest on War Paint shows how great that album is.

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

It really is one of those albums I think. Not a bad song on it.

So for those talking about them, is Dreamcatcher worth checking out? I've never listened.

12. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I fucking love screaming the high harmony on the chorus "PARACHUTE ALONE. I'M A LIFE THAT'S NOT WORTH SAVIN'"...

13. Ben Lee

I think the bridge in Parachute might be one of my most favorite passages yet. The entire song is great, but that bridge!

"Hold my hands out like I'm starting to break . I'm seeing now what I'm doing to the people around me. I'm not supposed to care this much. I ask myself; yeah, who am I? Well, to anything, have I lost my health? I still harbor all my anger. I've been staring at the color in my veins, how they stay, how I still feel I'm tired, but awake. Somewhere out there there is someone thinking of what I haven't gave them yet and feeling that I can't in my disarray."

Just great stuff.

AndrewSoup and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I wasn't talking about them though, besides mention Bryan's guitarwork, but - yes of course, check them out, they've got some similarities to that TDS-ish vibe, but with a female vocalist, and it's generally just smoother and calm, try not to compare these 2 in the end, and that's for the best.

@Ben Lee what did you mean with Cody working with Ben from YMAEWK? ;p just a far out thought, or is this based on something?

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

To be honest, I think War Paint ends on a whimper. Parachute, In My Room, and Waves are my least favorite songs on the album.

16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, I don't really think Hopeless has gone downhill much. They do seem to have signed bands a bit haphazardly in hopes of finding another act that can get big, but they still have bands like All Time Low, Yellowcard (who actually just re-signed), Bayside, TWY, NFG...

17. Ben Lee

It was a joke. Just to highlight the actual chance of TDS Reuniting.

18. Ben Lee

Not to mention that TBS just had a top 10 album with their last one. I think they're doing fine.

19. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Hehe, ok I thought so, but just then thought I might have missed something funny ;p

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This. This. This. Plus the chorus is absolutely fantastic.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  21. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

how nice of you to say that! thanks so much! i hope to be writing on this site from time to time as well.

22. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

The Somos record is their best since TGG probably

23. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

The newest one? That thing was boring as all hell

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Better than the first in every regard, I found it incredibly interesting musically

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

New Somos definitely blows away the first