Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer Band • Page 50

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 7, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

actually i meant the first chorus of work in progress, war paint was tight

2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

OMG YOU GUYS GOT WEATHERED FUCK YOU

they need to play some cuts from the back half of warpaint. in my room or waves preferably.

4. atlas

Trusted

I Should Leave Right Now is the fucking best song ever written I just drunk cried to it so I know it's true

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

That one too

6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Or Parachute

7. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

CoffeeEyes17 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

jorbjorb likes this.
  10. CoffeeEyes17

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. CoffeeEyes17

Can't say I'm a big fan of being candid about a very low dark point in my life and people only focusing on how they don't like the songs I picked but w/e. This is why I don't really feel like writing much

beachdude42, RJ Knorr, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  12. Mr. Serotonin

Hahah. I would have to agree with Settle Down and War Paint for sure. Those are great.

EDIT: Also, apologies. I didn't even realize that was your list, otherwise i wouldn't of said that. I thought you re-posted it from somewhere else. Everyone has their own favourite songs, and i get that.

13. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Woah, that blurb for "Work in Progress." Thank you for writing this. I love reading about how much this band's songs have meant to people.

I wasn't in as dark a spot as you were when War Paint came out, but I was coming off the worst semester of my life and was kind of wondering if I even wanted to go back to school at all, let alone in the major I was in at the time. It was a real crossroads of my life, and I remember that album just making me feel different about everything. Not confident that I knew what I wanted to do with my life or anything, but like I had the strength to face whatever came next. It was the last album that I really *felt* like that. I love it so much. I'm glad it found both of us at that time of our lives.

14. CoffeeEyes17

I already responded to your tweet but thank you for just being a good friend. Glad you enjoyed reading it. I'm very happy this band entered our lives when they did

15. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Intense stuff you shared. I'm glad you made it through.

I can't put my finger on what it was about War Paint but that record just changed me and that's the only record to ever have that effect on me. I wasn't dealing with anything as heavy what you were, but I was generally unhappy with myself and the way my life had been panning out. That record just lit a fire for me though and made me let go of a lot of things. The line you mentioned in Work in Progress just reaffirmed me that I'm never finished with myself and I'll constantly be working on it. This record still hits me to my core.

Great writeup! I'm glad you shared!

16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I don't know where I'd be without those first two records, but I know I'd be a different person.

17. Mr. Serotonin

Damn I finally had a chance to read the entire article you wrote. I had read all but the last 3 descriptions, and regret posting before that. Great writing though, I may have teared up a lil

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Disgree with the list you wrote but I thought it was well written. Cheers for sharing.

19. schackbr

Regular

been looking for videos on youtube for two days.

anybody see anything? bummed i haven't seen more.

20. haven't seen much either. better version of ghosts

.K., Kyle Max, SamLevi11 and 3 others like this.
  21. CoffeeEyes17

love it love it love it

22. Ben Lee

I'd be really curious to know how Cody Payne is dealing with all of this. Or if he went to the show.

23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

best part about the show was not seeing cody on stage

25. Ben Lee