Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 7, 2016.

1. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Man the drama this band was involved in was off the charts. Those were the glory days.

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I still think Parachute is one of the best songs from this genre ever. The first two albums are absolutely brilliant. Shame we'll get more, cause their final record was really average.

3. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I think RFTS is their best song but I think Work In Progress might be there best song. I love the lyrics and the vocals are so passionate.

Really though as many others have said, first to albums are awesome but I was never able to get into Golden Record as much.

NotBruce likes this.
  4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

That's what I'm here for.

5. Craig Manning

I like "Miles Apart," "Catholic Girls," "Sins," "Honesty," and "Anchor." Could have made a solid EP.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  6. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

"In My Room," is easily my favorite track.

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This is one of those bands where about 20 songs can make a decent claim to being their best I think. Permanent Rain, War Paint, Miscommunication, Parachute and Waves are mine I think.

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

their first and second album are very good.

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Don't know what their best song is, but probably one of Where I Want to Be, Northern Lights, and Never Feel Alone

10. alexjlow

Regular

Man, it's so hard to pick a favourite DS track, which shows how consistent they were really. Honestly though 'Never Feel Alone' is probably my favourite album closer of all time and my number 1 DS song, closely followed by 'Surfaced'. Like with all the best bands though, the favourite tracks change.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Surfaceeeddddd

12. NotBruce

Regular

I was just thinking about this band the other day.

RFTS is great, and incredibly nostalgic. WP is an absolutely fantastic follow-up, and it has some of the best songs they've done, in my opinion. GR is spotty, but I'm with what @Craig Manning said. It would have made a great EP, it's just kind of forgettable as a full-length. It feels... Rushed? I dunno.

I wish Tyler was still doing stuff, dude could drum.

nl5011 likes this.
  13. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

"Reach For The Sun" was my all time favorite TDS song, it's pretty original, and I had that album in my car for so long. I liked all three of them though, each one gradually less, but still. I'd really wish some of them would continue making music.

14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

You're right, and those are probably in fact the best songs, but I wouldn't change that LP for just EP, I like some of those fillers :)) and some parts of other songs were quite solid.

15. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

yea you could always count on the TDS drums to be top notch. A fan of Spencer P myself, totally set war paint off.

16. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Spencer for the win in my case as well ;p it's really interesting they had 3 albums with 3 different drummers, and they were all really good!

17. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Yea, the drums were the most interesting part of Golden Record imo. I absolutely love the drums on Drowning.

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Exactly, and it was a bit disappointing to me that since they had Matt from The Graduate on guitar for that record, they kept it quite safe with guitar lines. Of course it's got some cool parts, but I don't know, just expected something more, as well as I was probably longing for those post rock-ish takes, that they started with their previous lead guitarist.

19. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

yea, Bryan definitely carried their sound with those great riffs, and pulled them off live too.

20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Not a fan of Into the Comfort? I love that song

I also like Knives a lot

21. Craig Manning

I think my feelings on Golden Record are very much influenced by the fact that it has some of the worst sequencing I've ever seen on a record.

22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Drowning after Sins is the only part in the sequencing I think is really bad

23. Craig Manning

I honestly forgot that song existed. I do not like "Knives."

24. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Exactly, that's where it starts to get get kinda stale ;p I'm not sure how would I prefer to sequence that album, but it surely isn't well-balanced.

25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Work In Progress

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.