Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Ahhh okay. What're your favourites? I have so many memories attached to it from vacation trips with friends that it's hard to choose, haha.

2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Where I Want to Be is my absolute favorite. Hard to pick beyond that but Settle Down and Surfaced probably got some of the most plays outside full album listens.

3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Surfaced and A Space To Grow will be songs that stick with me for life.

AndrewSoup and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  4. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

RFTS was the first album I found directly through AP.net. It was the most popular review at the time I joined, and on a whim I downloaded it and fell in love.

I hadn't thought about that until this very moment. It's special to me for reasons beyond that, but that adds a little something extra.

5. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

war paint was for me what RFTS was for a lot of people i think. golden record never really clicked

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  6. Mr. Serotonin

lol I listened to Golden Record maybe once. Couldn't get into it. Loved the first 2.

7. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

One of those bands that had a lot of buzz at one point, only to watch it all slowly evaporate. There are some good songs that I might go back to here and there.

8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Reach for the Sun is one of my favorite discoveries I made on AbsolutePunk. Thanks @Blake Solomon!

9. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

going to echo this, easily one of my favorite reviews and favorite discoveries.

10. Craig Manning

I've got a blog coming down the pipeline later today about AP.net, and there's one section where I list some of the artists I discovered there. Pretty crazy to see them all written down in a row.

11. Mr. Serotonin

That record always brings me back to a particular year in my life when I listened to it non stop. Great year, too.

12. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

oh im excited to read that. Your Butch Walker reviews are what got me into him so I thank you for those :heart:

Craig Manning and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  13. Craig Manning

The first two are such time-and-place records for me. Don't think I would connect with them the same way now, but they were perfect for where I was in 2009 and 2011.

Haha, I'm glad someone benefited from me writing like 12 Butch Walker articles in a week.

14. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

that's one of the few reviews i actually remember writing. i remember sitting out on the porch of my college duplex, and thinking that it was going to be the most important thing i was ever going to do (it was very important to me, though, and still is).

Craig Manning and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. Kristen

Regular

I was driving back to Texas after living in California for 4 months, and both RFTS and War Paint played the entire trip. They just resonated so well with driving with the windows down, sun blaring on my face, and going back home after a long bout of being gone.

16. Mr. Serotonin

That's awesome. Exactly how I remember listening to the album for the first time @Kristen

17. CoachBalke

Regular

I can still listen to all of RFTS, 75% of War Paint, and like 4 songs on GR I still love.

Really hope AJ releases something at some point....losing faith in that. I see why though, not going to make any $ for a lot of hard work and has a young kid.

18. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Miles Apart and Catholic Girls are classic songs for me.

This is probably the best band of its kind at writing bridges, as well.

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Still really enjoy all their albums, but they definitely were trending down in quality IMO. Each release is significantly weaker than the preceding one.

Slangster likes this.
  20. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Yep. Really only like 2 or 3 songs off Golden Record.

Having said that, "Catholic Girls" might be their best song.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  21. Craig Manning

I don't think there's much of a quality gulf between RFTS and War Paint, but there's definitely a substantial step down on Golden Record.

22. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Reach for the Sun is one of the only post-2004 pop punk albums I liked.

23. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah I think rfts and war paint are pretty much even. I give RFTS a SLIGHT edge.

24. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

RFTS has the better lyrics I think and sounds more cohesive as a unit which puts it ahead of War Paint. It means a lot to me too.

25. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

I would add the song Anchor to the list of good songs on GR.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.