Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer - The Dangerous Summer (January 26th, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Give me

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

AAhhh yes. New song takes me back to War Paint vibes. Decent song. Was cool listening to it on the way home from work.

3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

the chorus has a scream that i can only describe as "blood curdling", it reminds me a lot of WIP but its more chaotic.

4. Jusscali

Are there any cleaner/poppier songs like miles apart or parachute?

astereo likes this.
  5. CoffeeEyes17

This Is Life and When I Get Home fit those comparisons. This Is Life is currently leaving the biggest impression on my from all 10 tracks. its my favorite song on the album so far, but Infinite is a close second.

the band doesnt really chart new ground per se, this album very much feels like a "hey we're back we're getting into the swing of things, heres an album for the fans" kind of thing. they do different things here and there, like I said Valium is borderline post-hardcore in its execution and Luna is probably the closest we'll ever get to a stripped down "acoustic" TDS song, granted its more the atmosphere it creates and less the actual instruments used if that makes sense.

6. unrelated but AJ had a ig story the other week of him playing back a Reputation cover (cant remember the track) that him and Swindle recorded. Need that just as badly as this album

sonder likes this.
  7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Oooooh really interested to hear this one.

8. Jusscali

Tell me moreeee

9. CAC3

Dog

Why don't record advances magically appear in my inbox? Either way, my anticipation to hear this album keeps growing. January 26th seems so far away.

Jdaniels and sonder like this.
  10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Ghosts is cool and I like it better than Fire.

This album unfortunately will only have like a week as my primary go-to listen before Brian Fallon, but I’m still very excited to have them back!

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  11. CoffeeEyes17

When I Get Home is my current least favorite. its a pretty bog standard TDS song.

idk if they got a new rhythm guitarist or if Matt is pulling double duty on this album but ive noticed that theres way less downstrummed power chords making the foundation of the song. AJs bass is more audible and its anchoring the songs while the guitars get to go off and do their own things.

Jdaniels and Joe4th like this.
  12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I noticed that about AJ's bass tone in this new song. Really digging it.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

that new Jaguar bass hes got really puts that deep tone front and center. pretty much every song has an audible bass tone that buoys the track

Joe4th and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  14. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

i like ghosts a ton. huge step up from golden record. excited to hear the rest.

15. CoffeeEyes17

youll more than likely really enjoy this album then. Fire is great dont get me wrong but Ghosts is more indicative of the record

16. CoffeeEyes17

quite a few of these songs dont really follow a conventional verse chorus verse chorus bridge structure. a lot of them build up to a giant release or have two clear halfs that are different from each other. still, this band can write a hell of a hook and some damn good bridges.

Jdaniels likes this.
  17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Are there any faster/upbeat songs like Surfaced or No One Is Gonna Need You More?

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I just want more of that spacey guitar and some cool lyrics.

19. CoffeeEyes17

This Is Life and When I Get Home fit that bill. This Is Life does it better imo, its probably my favorite song on the album, but When I Get Home isnt bad by any means. it just fits that upbeat track quota that their records have.

i wrote this in my review, which is still in the draft stages, but this album is more or less them doing what they do best and just refining it and less pushing the experimentation. the band carves diversity and dynamics in small corners of its songs instead of just completely redefining their sonic palette. they have some of their "most" songs on here if that makes sense, like Valium is their most heavy, Luna is their most atmospheric, Infinite is their most dynamic, but those things arent new to this bands repertoire.

sonder likes this.
  20. Jusscali

I just want a few songs where he doesn’t sound strained...wishful hoping at this point I think

gregory likes this.
  21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Fuck yes.

22. atlas

Trusted

smowashere, astereo, sonder and 4 others like this.
  23. Jusscali

I want this now! Holy shit.

sonder likes this.
  24. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

25. CoffeeEyes17

thats the heavy as shit song im glad they released that so you can all hear it

this is my second fav TDS album at this point