Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer - The Dangerous Summer (January 26th, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Oct 19, 2017.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

this thread is gettin real spooky rn

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

:scream:

sonder likes this.
  3. J.love

Regular

Oh well. Should be out for everyone this week!

4. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

wtf @ this album’s rollout (or lack thereof). I keep forgetting it’s even coming out.

5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

yeah it seems really mellow and not as aggressive as most rollouts, especially Hopeless. Even getting a review copy is pretty laid back, hopefully i get mine sooner rather than later.

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. nohandstoholdonto

It’s just weird bc I know that AJ did that interview where he said hopeless wanted like 12 weeks of rollout time, but they’ve done absolutely nothing with it from what I can tell lol.

Jason Tate and beachdude42 like this.
  7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i was hoping it was more just people not caring about this release on here than any sort of lack of publicity

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

There you go trying to police what others listen to again

Kennedy, Erwin89, .K. and 7 others like this.
  9. nohandstoholdonto

I will be listening to the album, but likely won’t financially support it. Still pretty undecided on where I stand with this band, but their music has meant a lot to me over the years and I would be flat out lying to you to save face if I said I’m not interested in hearing this record.

10. CoffeeEyes17

im in the same boat. wont financially support it but i cant deny im anticipating this album and this band means a lot to me.

11. cwhit

never once said i was policing it, was just saying what i had hoped. not shaming others or even directly commenting on anything people have said, just saying how i feel

if what i said is enough to make you mad enough to lash back out then i think you need to rethink priorities

12. CoffeeEyes17

cmon now there’s literally no need for this

Kennedy, Erwin89, CAC3 and 10 others like this.
  13. lina555

Regular

I really wait this. It should be cool music.

14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Bands from 1960-2000 are all very pleased that don’t have to go through the scrutiny and situations that today’s bands do, justified or not.

15. CoffeeEyes17

you say that as if its a good thing. it shouldnt be hard to not be a shitty person. i think the scene in general is a better place thanks to scrutiny and giving those that long didnt have a platform a chance to express their concerns and take action against the longstanding toxic waste dump that is this music scene.

that said, everyone has their own line to draw and while im becoming for wary of that line of thinking since its sometimes used as an excuse to keep supporting a shitty artist i dont think anyone should try to stir up a fight just because they personally have decided to not listen to or support an artist.

beachdude42, Contender and cwhit like this.
  16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’m not saying it as good thing or bad thing. I’m applying it in the sense that there was a generation of sex, drugs and rock and roll that existed at a time, from artists and fans, that what was happening probably wouldn’t fly today. But also in a sense, that fans can say how important a band is to them, yet be unwilling to support them. Every album is criticed, every lyric can be judged, every internet post could impact your career. So more in the sense it’s so hard to be a financially success band today, than limited to bad behaviour. Just a comment or thought.

Bad behaviour sucks and has no place anywhere, and I totally agree that people need to decide for themselves what they are comfortable with.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  17. cwhit

and i think we should be allowed to retroactively put "sanctions" on older acts that have performed gross behaviors too. i don't think artists from that era should feel comfortable at all knowing that we've condoned that behavior in the past, i'm hoping that we'll change our line of thinking to put all artists on the same level

18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Maybe I missed this one. What were the accusations against the band member(s)?

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Really feel they need to properly release and push a new song. I keep forgetting about this and if it's true that Fire is the weakest track then they need to push one of the better songs and get people on board.

20. cwhit

years ago members (never cleared up too) took dick pics on a phone of someone whom they were staying with and the person saw them the next day at sent them to isanyoneup where they were posted

basically the same thing as the moose blood situation

21. CAC3

Dog

Are the members who allegedly did this in the current lineup?

22. cwhit

it was never cleared up which members were part of this, since this isn't on the internet anymore and it was people who remember the post bringing it back up now

doesn't change it for me, i'm not expecting anyone else to feel the same way as me, people can choose what they want to do but at the very least i want people to know the whole thing so they can make up their own minds and not plead ignorance.

23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

So why continue to post about this in a Dangerous Summer new album thread since no one can confirm who did what, and people have left/been kicked out of a band?

Someone taking unwanted inappropriate pictures is wrong. Someone posting said images on the internet is wrong. I hope and think everyone would agree with that.

I think some people wanna just come to a thread sometimes and just be allowed to discuss music. I’m not saying the other stuff isn’t relevant, but I’m guessing there is a Dangerous Summer band thread, and I know a few threads exist about making a safer music scene, sexual assault threads and so on. Or I guess a new thread could be started if you want.

I always fear that lack of support or fatigue can really kill support for an important cause or movement.

No disrespect intended.

Hopefully this band releases a follow up single to start the new year. Feels like forever since Fire was released

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  24. cwhit

i am going to post about things so people know. you can choose to ignore them if you want but if you think that this is not the place to post that you are terribly wrong.

this is how people forget of gross actions people do. making sure people don't talk about them and hear them.

OotyPa likes this.
  25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

You said “it was never cleared up which members were part of this”. So if they are members who went on to be kicked out of the band, you should be applauding Dangerous Summer, shouldn’t you?

You are obviously very passionate. I bet there is a women’s shelter, student councilling centre, or something like it out there that would love to have you as a volunteer. Or maybe if your passion needs to be tied to music, start a compilation charity projects with one of the labels to get the word out there about the issues, or something productive along those lines.

For me, fatigue has set in. I’ll come revisit the new album thread once I see something about a new music posted on on the main page.