Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer Return • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 10, 2017.

1. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

I've loved this band since the beginning but i never followed any of them on social media. Are AJ and Dale buds for real? Just buds sipping on Buds?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

The cure to what's ailing NASCAR: A hipster revolution?

“I grew up on country,” Earnhardt said. “I love ’70s country. My favorite song of all time is ‘Rose Colored Glasses’ by John Conlee. But I just love music and I love learning new things. Man, when you find a band, like when I found Dangerous Summer, I found them late. They were already busted up when I found them. But when you find them and they have six, seven, eight songs you like, it’s really cool.”

3. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

That's amazing

4. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

Can someone explain the Cody drama to me? I jumped in at "Golden Record" went back to "War Paint" and really enjoyed them both.

5. atlas

Trusted

I'm pretty sure it started out with Dale tweeting "I like this band!" or something and AJ was like "hey cool!". But now they're like BFFs and Dale has brought AJ down to hang out on the race track and stuff haha.

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

One of their hardest driving songs is 'Parachute'. Love that one.

Ryan Gardner and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  7. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Definitely looking forward to this.

8. Don't even know where to start. Back in 2011 - 2014, it seemed like every day there would be a thread about something horrible he would have done.

jlinitz and AshlandATeam like this.
  9. AshlandATeam

Trusted

He wasn't just a shitty person - he defrauded and stole from fans with fake/not as advertised merch. It went way beyond just normal 'drama' - his current prison stint was the end of a long road of criminal behavior.

Also he was a really shitty person.

jlinitz and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

So it's v2 TDS? Dunno how I feel considering this lineups lone record was "Gold Record".

11. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Okay, so RFTS is pretty universally their best album and a highlight of the genre or scene. Good to know, I totally agree.

Golden Record did nothing for me. Admittedly, it's been years now and it just never sucked me in. War Paint was a pretty damn good follow to RFTS. Can't top perfection.

Surprised only one person mentioned the If You Could Only Keep Me Alive EP. Some of those lyrics stick with me today. "So what if music changed my life, would it ever change my mind?" from Disconnect.

Glad they're back minus the one guy. Thought they went away before their time, glad they're back and enthusiastic about everything.

Funny that Dale Earnhardt Jr. is a fan. I always thought this band had crossover appeal, but that's not what I was thinking!

AshlandATeam and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

But did he try to sell them MacBooks?

jlinitz, zigbigwig and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  13. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

Rfts and war paint are basically perfect records for me. Golden record seems like more of the same but just didn't have the hooks.

Interesting to see what they have in them for this one after so much time.

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  14. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Would be more excited if that wet fart of Golden Record wasn't the last thing they put out. Hoping for anything other than continuing in the direction of that pile of shit, but I'll wait and see.

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This is officially a terrible post

AshlandATeam likes this.
  16. marsupial jones

Could say the same about yours, pal!

Note: not the post I quoted but the one where you say GR is their second best record.

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

At least all I did was state my own opinion without being needlessly hyperbolic and a major dick about a record other people love

18. marsupial jones

I really don't care.

If someone gets wound up about what some random stranger on the internet thinks about a piece of music that's on them.

19. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Those first two records came out at such crucial times in my life. I'm not sure anything else from them can live up, just by virtue of timing, but I'm glad they're back regardless.

Brent, slickdtc and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  20. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

War Paint is far and away my favorite from them, but I wouldn't say that Golden Record was a shit album. I don't visit it as much but Catholic Girls is one of their best songs.

With Cody out and Matt & Aj writing the bulk of songs, this could be a really great album. I could see them capturing that RFTS/WP magic again.

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't give a shit what you think about it, how about just don't be a complete asshole in expressing said thoughts

22. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Hyped for a new record.

23. Mibabalou

MUFC / NYRB Prestigious

The Baltimore show is already sold out,

Fml.

24. _unproductive

Regular

very excited for them to be back without Cody.

25. thebencarter

I just hope that they keep their shit together this time around. I fell out with this band because of the drama. Solid songs but I hope the keep it together.