Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer Offer Update

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Dangerous Summer have shared an update on the current status of the band:

Fuck Them All just hit 4 million plays on @spotify in only 9 months. Thank you all so much for the love. It is amazing to be off of a record label and still breaking through the walls in front of us. We are finally making money off of our art, and we have never felt so supported.

First, that’s incredible. Second, I find it extremely depressing that it took until now for them to make money off their art.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

150Wrds likes this.
  2. mynamesgeneric

Regular

There is a joke about getting paid and Cody Payne in here somewhere...Great to hear the band is doing so well independent!

3. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

During a pandemic no less! Great to hear.

4. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Great to hear they are finally making money off their art. Excited to see what they do next.

5. Kaduck

Regular

Really loved Mother Nature. The EP is good, but I don’t find myself coming back to it nearly as much. Happy for the guys though.

Bartek T. likes this.
  6. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

It's a really great EP. I'm happy for them, they definitely deserve the success.

7. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I like the EP, and I am glad they didn't make it a full length because I think they can make something even better.
    Amazing band and super nice guys. I think their comeback S/T is super underrated and Mother Nature was amazing. Even when a Golden Record song comes on shuffle I often think it's a lot better than I'd remembered.

koryoreo likes this.
  8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well they do have a quite tight discography, I was never really disappointed or anything - now I wonder who's gonna drum for them, seeing as that was always a huge factor of their music for me. So good to hear they're doing better than ever though!

As for the EP, I like it, but wouldn't really find myself going back to it too often as well - Fuck Them All on the contrary is one of my favorite songs from 2020.

9. noKings

Regular

I think it's just Aaron Gillespie moving forward at drummer. He also sang on a song on the EP.

10. SupMikecheck

@SupMikecheck

my dudez

11. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Hope so!

12. Bartek T. Apr 15, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 15, 2021)
    Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Yeah I was aware of Aaron doing some work for the EP, but I took it as some session writing together. Also, I noticed on bandcamp yesterday that Fuck Them All was actually still recorded by Ben Cato, and like I said it is the only song that really, really makes me excited about their latest output - as for the rest, it's also pretty great, but quite basic (drumming-wise too).

EDIT: okk I've just played it in full for the first time in a while, and the song with Aaron singing has got some pretty cool sounding beats as well, though it sounds like Angels and Airwaves, which is weirdly amusing. Still good!

noKings likes this.