Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer - Mother Nature (June 14, 2019) Album • Page 70

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Apr 2, 2019.

1. This album rules

-Me, a person who is listening for the first time today

2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Where I Want To Be and Wearthered are my two favourites front this band. I’m guessing there’s a lot of nostalgia in that when this this band was getting discovered on a bigger level.

sophos34 likes this.
  3. henryviolence

I’d never listened to this band before listening to this record and I’m completely blown away. Maybe my favourite thing I’ve heard all year. The first 3 songs are on another level.

4. GBlades

Trusted

It's great when you get a band that you instantly click with and like their tracks. I'd recommend the rest of their discography, once you've got this album in the bag, that is! Reach for the Sun is a must!

Mr. Serotonin and henryviolence like this.
  5. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

It is currently my album of the year. Definitely recommend blaring this for like a straight week and then check out Reach for the Sun and War Paint ... all great!

6. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I can’t imagine not getting into this band until this record...it’s pretty good, but the first two records trounce it

Pepetito likes this.
  7. atlas

Trusted

I can totally see someone getting into this band with this record, RFTS especially very much sounds like a product of its time and I wouldn’t nearly be as into it if I discovered it today

disambigujason and Jdaniels like this.
  8. Sea Riff

Regular

Been watching live videos from this tour and found this one from a month ago. Before playing Ghosts here, A.J says " this is a song about a girl from austin texas... a stripper from austin texas" lol.. that surprised me a little as the lyrics are so deep. With how I talk to god etc.. but I guess it does involve a naked chick in his bed lol

Jdaniels likes this.
  9. Jdaniels

Regular

Wow.. I really had assumed it was about sobriety and his flirtation with it.

10. Sea Riff Jul 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2019)
    Sea Riff

Regular

Did he go sober for a while? Never knew that or heard about it

11. davidsalata

hello everyone

12. Jdaniels

Regular

Honestly don't know for sure so I can't speak on it but I always figured that he did or at least was a lot more than he has been the past year in that break has the interpretation I got from him being around Luna and his wife at the time more and not out on the road and from the lines like "when I was sober and seeing clear".

As someone who has fought off and on I related really well with that perspective and the seeing him get trashed in the past year helped me relate too.

13. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Well. I’m obviously very late to the game.

But I’ve been listening to this for the last few days nonstop and I absolutely love it.

sonder, Greg, Sea Riff and 3 others like this.
  14. Sea Riff

Regular

Yo sam it seems the boys have 2 more shows and then some time off. Would be sweet if you guys could do that podcast you mentioned doing where you guys discuss every track!

15. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

Still spinning this almost every day.

16. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

MN is better than RFTS. May be approaching WP but the dust is still settling.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

yeah, me too. Blind Ambition and It Is Real popping up as some late favorites for me.

The chorus of Blind Ambition is really perplexing. It's more about the instrumental hooks with the drums and the guitar than the vocal hook. Pretty risky songwriting move... but damn, it works.

That's mature songwriting. I don't think the band could have pulled it off at any other point in their career.

18. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

They were brilliant last night. New songs sound amazing live.

sonder, astereo and Sea Riff like this.
  19. Samuel Pura

Newbie Verified

I’ll see what’s up. Been slammed and I hate doing them remote cause they feel disconnected and less fluid. I’d rather just hang with them and play the album in real time and be able to start and stop it and rewind and focus and dive back into it. It was literally a time and place in my life that on this release was nice to touch base with but I’ve been so deep in new shit that it would require a full immersion to really revisit and explore the depth of the experiences and emotions behind the creation. Not sure a recorded phone call would be fulfilling and validating enough to release. But I really do want to do this. Let me think about it. I appreciate this.

20. Breaking Good

Newbie Supporter

Been lurking on this site and forums without ever posting for the best part of 10 years... And likely to have gotten the suggestion for listening to TDS from off this site, so thanks!

Really loving Mother Nature and it's currently my AOTY as it stands and like others in here, it's still getting blasted on an almost daily basis... Standouts for me are Blind ambition, Virginia, Bring Me Back to Life, mother nature and consequence of living.

As a Brit who wants to eventually travel to the US to hike the Pacific north west / other state parks, listening to TDS whole discography just makes me yearn for nature and summer. I'm really grateful TDS releases their albums just before summer hits the UK!

21. Sea Riff

Regular

Cool! No pressure and we all appreciate your interactions in here

22. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Took a few weeks off after spinning this for what felt like a month straight.

Listened this morning and my god, it really is just so good.

23. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Yeah this is my aoty so far. I do sometimes feel like it drops a gear at It Is Real (even though I like that song) and never quite gets back into top gear. Main problem for me being Violent Red. I think it's place in the tracklisting is perfect to get the adrenaline of the album back up, but it's probably my least favourite song on MN. A minor complaint for a brilliant record, guess I just want someone to change my mind haha

astereo likes this.
  24. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I definitely like the first half more than the second, but it's not a big dip.

RileyWitiw and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  25. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Agreed. I think violent red is supposed to pick the pace/intensity back up. And it kinda does. But I have some internal bias against "atmospheric guitar while the drummer goes nuts" verses. The last Wonder Years record had two such songs and they're my two least favourites.
    I think with this record it's only fitting to prefer the first half since that is absolutely perfect from the opening note to the end of Where Were You. Not many albums are perfect for that long.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.