Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer - Mother Nature (June 14, 2019) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

And when I drown,
    I wanna drown to deAAATHHHHH

2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

It's wild to me that despite what felt like a lengthy hiatus, this band has put out 5 records in ten years

3. Jdaniels

Regular

You're right!!! Holy cow.

4. farva2

Regular

Really digging both new songs but dammit if I’m not worried about AJ’s health. The last few times I’ve seen them live, AJ could barely stand and he was telling a room full of kids how awesome being drunk and doing hard drugs with your buddies is.

astereo, sonder, momo32t and 2 others like this.
  5. InExile

Regular

I mean, it true.

Histrionics, CAC3, farva2 and 2 others like this.
  6. schackbr

Regular

voice is a little grating at times. but song is good

7. momo32t

Trusted

Seems like AJ is taking the lyrics “drink until we die” quite literally these days.

jorbjorb, Jdaniels and sonder like this.
  8. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Pre-orders just went live. Luckily you can get the limited vinyl pressing without a bundle....but $9 shipping = ouch!

9. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

??? sorry I'm out of the loop haha

10. Jdaniels

Regular

His wife changed her name on Facebook and Instagram, he hasnt mentioned her at all on tours, etc.
    It's not our business. Just one of those things you notice and can connect.

sonder and beachdude like this.
  11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

All this is sad to hear. I’ll admit I wasn’t a huge fan until the past few years, and haven’t seen them live, so this was all news to me.

As much as I love TDS’ music, I hope for AJ’s sake that he hasn’t sacrificed any of his personal stability/happiness for the sake of the band and keeping it active. He seemed (to me at least) to be in a pretty good place when they first announced the reunion.

12. vidiviciveni

Trusted

He’s really going full board on the reverse Polar Bear Club hey

13. atlas

Trusted

reverse Polar Bear Club lmaoooo

14. Seems like it was an amicable split, or at least has come around to be. His (ex?) wife still has been involved in designs for them (from a post the other day apparently did the cover for mother nature as well). I do want nothing but longevity for this band & wish he'd tone it down a bit

beachdude and sonder like this.
  15. momo32t

Trusted

The last tour they were on he won the award for biggest "tour liability". May have been made in jest, but there were pictures of him basically falling over drunk.

Knew he did his fair share of drinking and smoking in the early days of TDS but this unfortunately has seemed to reach new heights. Seems like he needs to tone it down a bit.

sonder and Jdaniels like this.
  16. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

He’s touched on the split and his new gf on IG. seems like they’re doing great supporting each other and co-parenting, which is no easy task.

beachdude, sonder, slowheart and 2 others like this.
  17. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

For sure, I just don't keep up on their socials. Like @beachdude said, the impression was that the band getting back together came from a place of stability. Like others have mentioned too, 2/2 times I've seem them post-reunion AJ has been shitfaced on stage which is not a great look, but more than that is just concerning. It's a bummer because the band is obviously meshing well and is productive.

beachdude and Jdaniels like this.
  18. schackbr

Regular

not great to hear. one of my least favorite things to see live.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

All these stories make me wince even more at the "take a bump and drive your car till the morning blossoms" line in the new song.

Jdaniels and Jusscali like this.
  20. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Yes

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Can't stop listening to the two new singles. I really really like Way Down, a fun one to just blast loud.

22. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I went into Way Down expecting to feel meh based off the reactions, however, I very much enjoy it!

beachdude and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  23. drewinseries

Drew

I mean whenever they are on tour most of his insta stories are him rambling, pretty noticeably drunk.

beachdude and Jdaniels like this.
  24. Kuri44

Seems to me like he’s just having a good time while on tour and enjoying being able to make music full time now :shrug:

drewinseries likes this.
  25. Kuri44

Also, Way Down has grown on me