Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer - Mother Nature (June 14, 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Apr 2, 2019.

1. J12

Trusted Supporter

Haven't been huge on either song released thus far, but I I felt similarly about "Fire" and wound up liking it more within the context of the record.

Jdaniels likes this.
  2. Ellite25

Regular

I like the song. And his vocals sounds fine to me. The first impressions made it sound like he was screaming through the entire song and he’s definitely not. The vocals don’t sound out of place with the music to me either. Super excited for the album.

3. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I am legitimately shocked at this thread lol. The album cover is dope and AJ’s vocals on Way Down sound SO good. It’s feels like what they were going for on Golden Record but better executed.

4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this is also true tho, I like it the more I listen.

beachdude likes this.
  5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This thread is a doozy lol

6. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

not getting the negative takes on the vocals here. I appreciate the grit--separates them from other pop rock bands.

studskalny, vidiviciveni and 333 GANG like this.
  7. thekingofnaps

Not going to brag like I have the album and have been listening to it nonstop, but I did hear it ONCE at a show and I've been dying to hear it again. I would say the album flows really well and these singles make sense in the context of the record. There's one track that literally no one will see coming, and I'm stoked about that. I think this album is definitely a step forward from the self-titled, albeit a little more mainstream-sounding.

8. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Was waiting to get out of work before listening but read all the reviews here.

Like this more than I expected. I didn’t love the first single really at all, but I like this one more.

The vocals will always be a circling discussion. I do like them, but I feel like live he struggles singing these parts, so I doubt this song will help in any way. I’m hoping for more tracks like Infinite on this album where he can sing and not make it sound like he’s blowing his vocal chords out.

Jdaniels likes this.
  9. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

Is no one else bugged by the redundancy in "When I drown I want to drown to death"?

That aside, I really dig this song and am SUPER pumped for the new album.

Jdaniels and AndrewSoup like this.
  10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

As i said before, i prefer his smoother vocals....but i also listened to this 5-6 times today :crylaugh: So it's definitely a good song.

sonder, astereo and beachdude like this.
  11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I like surprises, so this has me excited!

12. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

What's the difference :eh:

13. jakeryandesigns

Curious if the people complaining about the vocals on this have ever seen The Dangerous Summer live? AJ pretty much screams the whole time and it's much closer to this/Golden Record that the clearer vocals on most of Self-Titled or Reach For The Sun. In fact I was surprised the first time I saw them and just how not like the records his vocals sounded.

sonder, Jdaniels and jorbjorb like this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I noticed that the last time I saw them. First two times i saw them he sang clearly with annunciation and control. He was also drunk the last time I saw them. He admitted that after the second song lol. No idea if he was just into it bc he was drunk or what, but he practically yelled every song.

I dont mind his yelling, but I think it’s best when it’s appropriate. “Weathered” comes to mind... there’s clear/controlled vocals and then he lets it out in the bridge. I think that’s him at his best.

“Way Down” is cool. Just wish I could hear a clear/controlled version with the same bridge in it.

15. Jdaniels

Regular

Wont beat the vocal thing to death cause all of yall have touched on what I would say. I will just say yessss I love aj lyrics and am so glad to have another album of them.

I wanna drink the lights out of this bar
    And watch the sun come out in Nashville
    Take a bump, then drive your car
    And feel the morning start to blossom

16. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Cocaine and Booze. Profound af lol

17. momo32t

Trusted

Am I reading it wrong but is the vinyl preorder out of 300?

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Looks like it. But really its 1,200 considering there's 300 pressings per bundle.

beachdude and momo32t like this.
  19. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Tbh I’ve been kind of concerned about him, it seems like he’s been hitting the bottle pretty hard and if those lyrics are autobiographical...yikes lol. Dude has a daughter.

I hate to be judgmental, I legitimately am concerned based on his social media, etc.

20. Jdaniels

Regular

I mentioned it in the last thread I think. He seemed to be sober or at least close to it, and this touring the past 12 months hes been more and more drunk at shows. The likely divorce definitely played a role in it and I hope he doesn't end up worse than ever.

beachdude and astereo like this.
  21. dzyjay

Regular

Very much love his vocals on this. Both songs for me are big. Pre-ordered

22. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Man I am so excited for this record. Been jamming Way Down all day. Love it about more every time.

sonder and beachdude like this.
  23. Histrionics

2/2 imo. Can't wait to hear the whole album

24. jorbjorb

7 rings

The first single sounds like it could have been on war paint. Fantastic chorus.

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

When I fall I wanna fall wayyy dooooowwnn.