Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer - Mother Nature (June 14, 2019) Album • Page 58

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Apr 2, 2019.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I feel like it’s experimentation done right. It’s different but it still sounds close to home being that it’s their first venturing out. It seems to be getting good feedback so hopefully they are encouraged to continue with it. Was the concept of the song fully visualized before they came to the studio or was it a “let’s wing it” moment and then sorted out and finalized through the recording process?

sonder, beachdude and Samuel Pura like this.
  2. Samuel Pura

Newbie Verified

I kinda pitched the idea to AJ about making a song with just vocals and synth. Maybe even trying the crazy harmonizer effect. One night him and Matt just worked it out and showed me it one morning. I don’t really know how it came together or anything. I just remember helping convey the big picture idea of the potential with a song like that.

sonder, jorbjorb, Rowan5215 and 4 others like this.
  3. BG9352

Regular

Just started listening to this band after Jason's liner notes the other week and I don't regret it. This album is so catchy and will be on repeat for a while.

4. Sea Riff

Regular

Let me just say how stoked I am to hear you talking that you will be producing the next one^^ #highkick

5. Samuel Pura

Newbie Verified

I didn't mean to give that impression. Currently no plans for anything. Just talking about the potential I see in them as artists and it's nice that their furthest exploration on this record positively resonates with others to request more of that direction from them in the future.

6. Sea Riff

Regular

Right on. My wish for them would be to continue on this album per year trend. Beatles style :-) ( they sometimes did 2 per year) bands never do this anymore and it's a shame. Metallica. Tool. Its 8-10 years between albums. They are later in career but...

sonder, beachdude and Jdaniels like this.
  7. Samuel Pura

Newbie Verified

Honestly I don’t know anyone other than them who could actually bang out a solid record each year. Maybe you are onto something...

8. Kuri44

It Is Real reminds me so much of Andy Hull

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Title track, both in terms of structure and lyrics, kinda gives me goodness vibes. But it’s me so everything gives me goodness vibes tbh

KidLightning and CarpetElf like this.
  10. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I was initially slightly disappointed after my first listen since y’all hyped it up so much, but I’m on my 3rd or 4th listen now and I like it more each time, so yeah, I’m here for the hype.

11. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

nope, sam, just accept it, youre their new producer from now till forever. avengers assemble. it is real.

but for real, i really hope you work with them and TSSF again in the future. keeping my fingers crossed.

beachdude, JBoch, Sea Riff and 5 others like this.
  12. Jdaniels

Regular

And things are violent red
    You said, "we all need someone to hold us down"
    I raise my glass, you know
    The emptiness was filling me
    I follow the steps of my past
    Didn't I make all those same mistakes?
    All those promises, I meant to keep

13. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

defs some "Forest Whitaker" vibes, no?

14. Kuri44

Rowan5215 likes this.
  15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

A few listens in and SO/SD, blind ambition, BMBTL, and violent red are my favorites. It is Real hasn’t really clicked with me yet like it has with everyone else.

16. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

its the ending of it is real that does it for me. so good

beachdude, CoachBalke and RileyWitiw like this.
  17. Samuel Pura

Newbie Verified

I think what’s unique about it is real is the vocals are a strange pattern. They aren’t a traditional mathematically correct melody. It constantly changes. But what’s really important is the message. I’ve seen it discussed a bit but really the song (at least to me) is about the flow state of what we try to tap into. We just smoke weed. Drink beer. Take whatever else drugs anyone else needs to tap into flow state... and dive into the flow state and tap into inspiration. “While you were in bed. We were getting higher than the rooftops, trying to understand the world. And what it all meant to us”

Lots about of deep convos about what we experience and how to convey it to each other and validate our experiences.

“There’s revolution in the sound”

We’re trying to change the world with our creation of and dedication to music.

“It is something I can’t explain at all. It is real”

It being what I call the flow state where we tap into the world and realize there is loving force bigger than us all that is guiding us.

Then we get to lyrics like “will you throw me away and have all the interns write my songs. Tell me spirit is dead no sign of improving”

That’s a direct reference to labels and management etc being like “oh you should work with so and so. They are a great songwriter. You should write with them. They got a lot of hit singles now”

When I heard the song I was just like “this is how I feel. I try and change the world and everyone tells me it’s delusional but when I tap into the universe it tells me I’m doing everything right and to keep going”

It is real.

18. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Loving the album. Violent Red, Mother Nature, and Consequence of Living are my favs right now.

beachdude and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  19. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Those and Bring Me Back to Life are probably the top ones for me.

20. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Probably like the smallest of details, but man i love the melody and the way AJ sings "I remember the time spent, and the winds all pushed me home" in the last verse of Blind Ambition. Just the way he delivers "pushed me home" in particular gives me this feeling that it could be something off The Joshua Tree.

sophos34, jorbjorb, Jdaniels and 4 others like this.
  21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I think it’s been discussed before but I love the voicemail to kick off the album. Sometimes those kinds of things don’t always work but it really feels inseparable from blind ambition. And the tone and words are so...comforting. Idk, I like putting on the record and hearing it, it feels good.

22. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Love you dude

23. Jdaniels

Regular

I'll have to focus on this this morning!
    I have had consequence of living in my head the past day. "Sleeping with these pills I got from laura last month, I wonder how shes doing without them"

j0nnymarrzbar likes this.
  24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

this band does such a good job at creating music that seems to create a mold around its listener and somehow meet them where they at in life. if that makes any sense at all? i know you can say that for a lotttt of music but there is just something direct and almost personal about the lyrics and the emotion that the actual music evokes that certain songs almost seem like they were written for me specifically. i really only experienced this kind of heightened attachment to music and life and memories with War Paint so i think its just a TDS thing

25. heywassuphello

spare only the ones I love

blind ambition has some kings of leon vibes sprinkled in

beachdude and manoverboard365 like this.