Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer - Mother Nature (June 14, 2019) Album • Page 57

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Samuel Pura

Newbie Verified

Unfortunately I totally agree. Their loudness algorithm for sure changed the EQ curve. I double checked this morning in my car because I was like "My mixes did not sound like this on my drives"

...oh well...

2. I had no idea that Spotify could have that large of an effect on the sound of a record! Makes me wonder what I've missed listening to records through it over the years.

arcarsenal72 likes this.
  3. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

This is definitely my AOTY thus far. This feels like their “we’re fucking back!” album.

arcarsenal72, sonder, justin. and 3 others like this.
  4. Sea Riff

Regular

Amazon music unlimited master race checking in lol

5. Sea Riff

Regular

That sucks.. what is a loudness algorithm. Do they try to normalize or compress to max volume and have every song be same volume across any artist?

6. momo32t

Trusted

I got the vinyl from Bull Moose and I noticed that it is white. Looks like we have a third variant on our hands.

7. Noradrenaline

Regular

Jesus fookin’ christ! I haven’t listened to TDS since War Paint but decided to check out this album today. I LOVED it instantly! Where Were You When The Sky Opened Up might be the best song of the year so far. Seriously, I’m completely floored by this

8. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

I listen to this every chance I get. I think the last album that grabbed me like this was Science Fiction which is more or less dead to me now. I was worried I couldn’t connect to music as strongly anymore. Honestly it’s a huge relief.

Sea Riff, beachdude and skurt like this.
  9. drummerAVA

Trusted

I needed to hear this album... been going through a rough time... stuck in a rut.

Bring me back to life now.

10. Ellite25

Regular

I’ve listened to this album probably 20+ times by now and I keep falling more in love with it. This might be favorite album by them.

arcarsenal72 and skurt like this.
  11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

One more reason not to use Spotify, y’all!

sophos34 likes this.
  12. Having a get together, sitting outside with some drinks and have this on and YEP.

Summer as fuck.

beachdude, jfarrell, Joe4th and 3 others like this.
  13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Feel like the last two albums make a lot more sense with this as the endpoint (so far)

beachdude, Joe4th and Jdaniels like this.
  14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Happens to me every time I upload a track on SoundCloud

15. Reach for the sky!

You are a sad, strange little man. Prestigious

What would you recommend to use? (sincere question)

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Apple Music’s conversion algorithm is better

beachdude likes this.
  17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

That might explain why I thought the singles sounded better on the leak than the Apple Music tracks, but maybe I totally imagined that

teebs41 likes this.
  18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

On my first listen. Holy shit starting over/slow down.

beachdude, smowashere and Sea Riff like this.
  19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The show tonight was intense. Such an excellent live band.

20. Jdaniels

Regular

First real listen to the record as a whole on "me" time. I downloaded the leak and listened to it every now and then on a ten minute ride to work since it came out and lifes been busy.

Saturday morning 7am drive , a day off work, wifes working, family is out, yes..
    Overall I'll say it's another important album in my "quest for sobriety" albums of the past few years. Really glad, I knew it would be "different" but its still some great melodies and beats and I'm really hoping Nashville gets a show in the fall, I wanna see a lot of these live. Says some great stuff and think these tracks say a lot.

Really glad its 2019 and I've been listening to the dangerous summer since 2009.

sonder, beachdude, astereo and 2 others like this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would love to hear more stuff like Better Light.

22. just listened through this on an early morning flight as I watched the sun rise from up in the clouds and it was a beautiful experience. The end of Mother Nature had me all kinds of emotional. Feels very good to love a TDS album this much again.

Really like the lyrical arc between albums from "reach for the sun" to "the sun I finally reached it" to "give me back the sun now" etc

arcarsenal72, JBoch, Chummel and 2 others like this.
  23. jfarrell

Fuck man I didn't even catch that. Good call.

sonder likes this.
  24. Samuel Pura

Newbie Verified

That song was one that felt like we were pushing them beyond their own expectations. That was the furthest out there into who knows where we could go on this record. If that could serve as the center point for the next record I think there is a lot of unique potential for them to explore as songwriters instead of being limited to creating music with their live instruments.

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I feel like it’s experimentation done right. It’s different but it still sounds close to home being that it’s their first venturing out. It seems to be getting good feedback so hopefully they are encouraged to continue with it. Was the concept of the song fully visualized before they came to the studio or was it a “let’s wing it” moment and then sorted out and finalized through the recording process?

sonder, beachdude and Samuel Pura like this.