Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer - Mother Nature (June 14, 2019) Album • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Apr 2, 2019.

1. I think this style of music is pretty niche right now. I think if more people heard it they'd fall in love, but I don't think many people actively seeking out music in this vein ... and newer listeners of the genre seem to be leaning toward the newer Hopeless signings ... like Waterparks. (Don't get me started.) So, I think it'll be really hard for it to do really well ... but I think with people that follow my writing/this website it's going to be huge. Can it expand outward a little? Maybe? But guitar driven rock like this doesn't really seem to have much of a "place" in the mainstream right now.

I think it could end up being a cult classic album. Those that know, know. Like Copeland, Manchester Orchestra, stuff like that ... where it's very respected in our community.

2. The backhalf of "Starting Over / Slow Down" feels very him.

3. Going to write a whole lot more about the album in this week's newsletter over the next couple hours.

Sign up here if you want to get it in your email, or become a supporter and it'll be posted in the Supporter Q&A thread and the main site.

sonder, Jdaniels, jorbjorb and 3 others like this.
  4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Literally just smiling reading all these reviews. This band has meant so much to me over the course of the last decade and spoke to me through high school, college, and so glad to have another album POST all that.

Just knowing I have something special coming in 3 weeks is great.

beachdude and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I have two best friends that I grew up with and RFTS and WP were pretty much the soundtracks to college. Now, this album is strangely coming out on the day of one of those friend's bachelor parties :crylaugh:. Yet again it will be the soundtrack. Seems meant to be.

Kerrbs, jorbjorb, RileyWitiw and 5 others like this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Music is weird like that! Almost cyclical.

Congrats to your buddy!

7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

8. sawhney[rusted]2

Going back to the supergroup convo, I think a The Graduate and Moving Mountains would be interesting
    their songwriting in a slightly punkier bent hit hard haha

Edit: didn’t mean to post that first part lol

beachdude likes this.
  9. momo32t

Trusted

I don’t see Corey and Greg’s vocal styles really matching up. Greg producing would be cool, but I just don’t see a fit.

10. Kerrbs, astereo, momo32t and 3 others like this.
  11. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Sounds like there’s a bunch to look forward to. Nice.

12. momo32t

Trusted

13. momo32t

Trusted

14. :cheers:

beachdude, momo32t and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Had a collab between Great Notion and Other Half that was really good

2184A81B-C421-42B1-A649-6BD60232ECD5.jpeg

Too bad I didn’t have this to listen to while I drank it :-/

16. momo32t

Trusted

Kind of bummed I missed that release. It did look good. Probably stopping by OH tonight to restock.

beachdude and Anthony_ like this.
  17. Anthony_

That Coffee/Coconut Orbit stout sounds really good. Also they have DDH Broccoli.

18. sawhney[rusted]2

That sounds incredible, what’s DDH Broccoli though?

Anthony_ likes this.
  19. Anthony_

20. Kmil

Trusted

Really like all 3 tracks, with "Way Down" being my least favorite, made me pre-order the album.

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  21. RIPapdotnet

Anybody get a setlist from Columbus last night?

beachdude likes this.
  22. atlas

Trusted

if there's still no setlist by tomorrow I'll do the honors

beachdude likes this.
  23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I’m hoping they play some Mother Nature tracks that haven’t been heard yet! Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just the singles though.

24. bring me back to life is probably my favorite tds song since catholic girls

nohandstoholdonto and beachdude like this.