Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer - Mother Nature (June 14, 2019) Album • Page 104

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Apr 2, 2019.

1. TimeBandit99

Regular

I appreciate someone getting it off their chest but I advise they scroll back through the pages. This has been brought up multiple times and covered for many pages in relation to drug use references etc.. almost beating a dead horse at this point

Linton9488, Jdaniels, sonder and 4 others like this.
  2. No hate to anyone, fully understand wanting to not hear about drug use but unless you all exclusively listen to straight edge bands I think you'll be disappointed to hear what the majority of your fav bands/musicians do in their own time. At least AJ is honest, I prefer that to blink, for example, still writing about break ups when they've been married for 20 years.

Personally, Psychedelics (Ayahuasca to be specific) helped me overcome my lifelong depression and I now smoke weed almost every day (after being super anti "drugs" most of my life) and have never been more happy and stable in my 29 year life so I love AJ's lyrics and fully understand where he is coming from.

When my band released our last album which included me referencing using psychedelics to overcome my depression people literally said "I wish they still wrote sad songs" and it was heartbreaking.
    Your art is yours alone and I back AJ doing whatever he wants because in 20 years time he's going to be looking back and he'll be able to say I did what I want and I was honest, some bands won't be able to do that even if they're more successful.

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Damn I wonder what that project with Derek will be like

Jdaniels, cut!print, astereo and 2 others like this.
  4. journeyproud

Newbie Supporter

Agree with you here 100%. Honesty in art is the most important aspect of it.

Drugs may have been deemed “a bad thing you shouldn’t do” by our government at the end of the 70’s but it was the wrong move to make from the start and science is starting to tell us that now.
    It’s okay to not use them if that’s what you want to do, but we all should try to understand that it is completely okay and not unhealthy or necessarily a bad way to live as long as you are safe and educated.
    I use psilocybin, marijuana, and MDMA as medicine and it does nothing but improve my overall health. There’s nothing wrong with expressing that in art. AJ is happy and healthy and that is what’s important.

5. dzyjay

Regular

I honestly have a lot of respect for AJ posting the song in here after him reading a bunch of people talk shit about him. He didn’t have to do that. Very cool guy. And still people here talking about how they have a problem with him talking about drugs, honestly just dont listen then. Just my 2 cents. Never been so stoked on this band can’t wait for more!

6. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Dude just loves his weed. Nothing wrong with that!

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

I personally love AJ's disposition, he's all about positivity.

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Imagine being able to write like AJ did on RFTS at like 19 or whatever. Insane

9. Jdaniels

Regular

I am so stoked for more songs. The guy has written soooo many lyrics I can really relate to.

10. drewinseries

Drew

This band is the perfect summer vibe band. I dig Fuck Them All though some of the lyrics don't hit for me. But listening to it makes me wanna crank Mother Nature again.

11. TimeBandit99 Jul 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 16, 2020)
    TimeBandit99

Regular

Saw this posted by someone and tagged on IG. Memories...

12. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

really digging the self titled today

13. Jdaniels

Regular

Finally got it framed! Just a cheap walmart frame but better than screwing up the poster like my other ones.

Attached Files:

14. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

It’s a beautiful poster - so glad I copped one. Haven’t hung any of my stuff in our new house but this is def going up.

Breaking Good and Donnie Ruth like this.
  15. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yep got that poster (and many other tour posters) hanging in my extra bedroom!

16. My friend made this, inspired by FTA obviously. Thought you all might appreciate. 108375651_637196387147115_2045480976071500667_n.jpg

17. Jdaniels

Regular

Mr. Serotonin and The Comfort like this.
  18. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

This is dope! Tell your friend a stranger on the internet said they are a great artist, ha.

20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

anyone know why ben cato is out of the band? probably been touched on in this thread but dont feel like digging. anyway i love fuck them all

Jdaniels likes this.
  21. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Has gone on to do his own thing/band. No bad blood or anything like that with the other two which is refreshing to see considering history of this band haha

FTank, Jdaniels and sophos34 like this.
  22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

good to hear, was hoping it wasnt anything serious haha

23. TimeBandit99

Regular

Pretty cool first "signing" for Mollywater music is Brian Swindle of Have Mercy!

24. TimeBandit99

Regular

Probably gonna pull the trigger on this!

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  25. Glad I was able to grab the vinyl bundle before it sold out the other day.

would like copies to spin since my RFTS and War Paint hang in my living room haha

TimeBandit99 likes this.