Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer - Mother Nature (June 14, 2019) Album • Page 102

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Thanks! Yeah, my coding skills are pretty limited, which is why I used Cargo Collective. I'm not exactly sure where it's broken and I'm not sure how it happened. I'll fix it eventually, but I've also been thinking about using another platform for my portfolio.

I'm not sure, they didn't really discuss a meaning behind it, but I'm sure it could be interpreted as that. I just know it was a mutual friend of the photographer and the band in a pool with lights at night. All the photos from that session were beautiful.

TimeBandit99, sonder and Jason Tate like this.
  2. For sure. Squarespace is a super easy one I've seen a lot of people have success with.

overduecollect likes this.
  3. Wow, the z-index thing pointed me in the right direction, and I fixed it. I guess when I was futzing around with it to match a style I wanted, I add "px" to a z-index value. And that was messing it up. Thanks so much!

I need to look into Squarespace more, probably worth the price

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Do you do just layouts or do you do also create the assets as well? These are fun to look at!

5. Just the layout. I was mostly playing in the sand box of amazing photos they had from Ashley Osborn.

I did the squares as a response to all the refraction of the water. The jagged edge version was to reflect scars I noticed in some of the photos, and inspired by the album cover of "How to Start a Fire" by Further Seems Forever. That was primarily a way to explore different masking possibilities.

I'm partial to the square version myself. I remember showing it to a co-worker and her saying it looked "vintage scene", which a high compliment for me. Jade Tree stuff by Jason Gnewikow, and Vagrant before Joby J Ford left. At the same time, I'm sure the band didn't wanted aesthetics that looked back.

I didn't really get feedback on it, other than saying they were going in a different direction. But I'm also sure that my boss didn't want me doing too many layouts, it wasn't really my main job (though you do wear a lot of hats at an indie label). I was a production coordinator, so I ordered all the physical media. Vinyl, CDs and cassettes. My background as a designer was helpful for checking old files or designing on a fast turnaround.

jorbjorb and JRGComedy like this.
  6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Very cool! I was wondering why your name looked familiar and then I remembered I have the Gatsby's In the Land of Lost Monsters vinyl! That half-clear, half-glow-in-the-dark wax is cool!

overduecollect likes this.
  7. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

i did! glad you like it, going back to the real version now makes it sound even more off for me

yes! i was able to just raise the pitch by however many cents off it was using a waves plugin called SoundShifter.

also the reason its .mp4 is so the alternate album art i made would show up if you added the songs to apple music, that way you can tell the difference between this and the original.

TimeBandit99 and Pepetito like this.
  8. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

That's interesting to hear about AJ singing out of this range and the unnamed member refusing to change key. He touted that as wanting to sound like Against Me! when the album came out.

arcarsenal72 likes this.
  9. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

You guys talk about Cody like he is Voldemort lol.

arcarsenal72 and .K. like this.
  10. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

haha, I'm surprised Jason hasn't added a search and replace for his name like he did Ronald McDonald

11. TimeBandit99

Regular

Anyone realize yet...we are in fact, living in a ..Dangerous Summer?

(I'll see myself out)

12. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

lol I've had people wonder that aloud as I walk by wearing my TDS shirt this summer, and can't say I haven't thought it myself!

Mr. Serotonin and TimeBandit99 like this.
  13. Mr. Serotonin Jul 8, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 8, 2020)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Fuck, I never knew that summer started.

14. TimeBandit99

Regular

15. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Acoustic set:
    Fuck Them All
    Way Down
    Catholic Girls
    Permanent Rain

That was fun

astereo, Brent and TimeBandit99 like this.
  16. TimeBandit99

Regular

Spotify always makes that amazing Dangerous Summer radio for me and it introduces me to so many awesome bands.. anyone into Boston Manor? Loving this song.. also introduced me to Joyce Manor.. lots of bands ending in Manor ha

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, this band are great. Their last two albums have been much more experimental and interesting, but the debut is great for what it is.

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Also, relistening to RFTS and this band might be my joint favourite. Think I'm finally gonna get that TDS tattoo.

CAC3 likes this.
  19. CAC3

Dog

Fuck Them All is fantastic. I am so pleasantly surprised with the trajectory of this band after golden record/self titled.

20. eight30

Regular

I've been wanting one for a few years but I just can't decide on what I want. I think I've eliminated just lyrics though.

21. TimeBandit99

Regular

22. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I really like how fuck them all sounds but lyrically it is just not doing it for me.

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

Is the music video coming today too?

24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Unexpected but wow I love Fuck Them All. It took me right back into Mother Nature and I realized it's been too long since I played it.

astereo likes this.
  25. manoverboard365

Trusted

Like Way Down, this is one of the few TDS songs that follows a simple Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Chorus formula. A very pop style of songwriting, which probably explains why Way Down has been their most successful single and why Fuck Them All has been so replayable for me. I'm excited to see this song take off!