Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer / Microwave Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by mynamesgeneric, Jan 26, 2018.

1. zack33107

Regular

Not holding out too much hope but if anyone has a ticket for tonight let me know

2. zachmacD

Trusted

Is the band Camino before microwave or after?

3. atlas

Trusted

before

zachmacD likes this.
  4. zachmacD

Trusted

Bummer. I got free tickets through Loudie but missed them. I never listened to microwave but I thought they were cool. TDS were pretty boring imo but I’ve never been a huge fan of them

5. TMS2787

Trusted

The show I was debating going to over this was cancelled but I’m still not sure I want to make the trek. Sigh.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

What show?

7. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Great show last night although the lead singer of Microwave was super sick and couldn't really sing half the songs. Also, the Band Camino weren't there so they must not have gotten over the border or something.

Did anyone notice that A.J. had some odd effects setting on his mic? It was some weird mr. roboto vibrato thing that was happening all night. Super distracting.

8. dubey

Regular

Ya it sounded like he was singing underwater. It's funny because he replaced the mic and said it was because it had too much water in it. I thought it was to fix the sound it was making.

SkyGrowsBigger likes this.
  9. TMS2787

Trusted

Some dumb wrestling stand-up comedy thing at Kent Stage.

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Ahhh bummer! I'm catching Microwave and then a little of TDS and then heading over to NTC for Trapped Under Ice

11. TMS2787

Trusted

I should see you there! I’m pretty sure I’m coming up for it. Still on the fence. Haha. I already saw Børns this afternoon.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  12. SPine Feb 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 9, 2018)
    SPine

Trusted

Microwave was so good

EDIT: - TDS had the tour exclusive vinyl

13. TMS2787

Trusted

The Dangerous Summer was good last night. There’s no complaints from me on their set.

astereo and SPine like this.
  14. SPine

Trusted

The Band Camino was solid as well.

astereo likes this.
  15. atlas

Trusted

Damn. My voice is just completely gone. I waited 7 years for that and loved every second

astereo and troyplaysbass like this.
  16. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Yeah tonight was pretty phenomenal. We got both "This Is Life" and "Color" for the encore, which was dope.

astereo and troyplaysbass like this.
  17. RIPapdotnet

The Dangerous Summer killed it last night. It's so good to see them back at it.

Missed The Band Camino to recover from day-drinking. Microwave is so solid live.

AJ seems genuinely happy to be back playing music.

astereo likes this.
  18. sirata107

The Band Camino seemed pretty cool from what I caught last night at the Urban Lounge. Microwave was great despite Nathan having a cold and mentioning he was quite loopy from the meds.

The Dangerous Summer was great. AJ sounded a little sick too, but they were definitely all having a great time. He even said "let us know where to party afterward, we definitely want to get fucked up with some of you SLC folks!" Then he added "....not to be vulgar... We're back motherfuckers!" So he was in good spirits.

astereo likes this.
  19. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

For some reason The Band Camino has 500,000 monthly listeners on Spotify... which is more than TDS and microwave combined.

20. TMS2787

Trusted

I think he said the same thing in Cleveland, pretty much word for word. Lol.

21. yeah some of their numbers are crazy, especially compared to the social media presence. they did just make t swifts personal playlist too

22. SPine

Trusted

My girlfriend was just playing that playlist the other day. I mentioned that I just saw them open for two bands. Weird

23. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

For a second I thought they were inflated, but I can imagine being on a T Swift. playlist could get you some mad plays

24. SPine

Trusted

They give me a 1975 vibe

25. sirata107

Haha I know bands have their schtick, but it's always a little off-putting when you go to two shows and the banter is the same. They do a pretty good job of making it seem natural, but when you hear the same thing the next night it's weird. Reel Big Fish is a great example. But they did their schtick for about 5 years without changing a word.

"You know Philadelphia has always been a second home to us." TDS didn't say that but bands would always say it in Philly and I believed them. I was like fuck yeah, Philly should be everyone's second home! Then I went to shows in like Texas and they'd say the same thing haha. I guess this is growing up.