Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer - Gravity (June 21, 2024) • Page 19

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by TimeBandit99, Mar 28, 2024.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Ben Lee and slowheart like this.
  2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Whatever it is it sounds awful

3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I’m spinning coming home for the first time since it dropped. Do the first two songs have the same exact drum beat or am I going nuts

NiklePikle likes this.
  4. TimeBandit99

Regular

Yes I noticed that too. It made them blend together a bit for me

sophos34 likes this.
  5. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Lmao this song is not very good, you’re right about the verses

Finally listening to this album in full. I wouldn’t say I’m hating it but it ain’t great!

sophos34 likes this.
  6. J12

Trusted Supporter

I like "I Feel..." waaaay more than a lot of people. In fact, I think I love it. BUT, it ain't no Blind Ambition, that's for sure.

7. TimeBandit99

Regular

I like how the screaming and the melody line are equal in volume almost. The screaming a tad lower. I think it's a Great opener but don't really see the similarities to Blind Ambition

8. TimeBandit99

Regular

I don't have "normalization" on in my spotify settings (where it makes all songs same volume) I turned it off... and when I put on Coming Home and Gravity it seems quieter than their other albums. Anyone notice this?

I think the production is decent, but it seems a bit over compressed. But strangely the overall volume is lower when these 2 albums come on from their catalogue. I still think RFTS is their best produced. And do like the sound of Golden Record. Especially the drums

9. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I would even settle for Better Light being a closer, which is how I mostly listen to the record anyways. Consequence of Living just never did anything for me.

Ideally, that ring from Violent Red goes into Better Light, and the record closes with Mother Nature.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Listened to Mother Nature again today, still think it’s their best closing stretch. That sequencing is just perfect

11. TimeBandit99

Regular

Infinite is not only basically my favorite song by them, I think it's hands down their best closer song. With A.J singing shooting for the stars, the lyrics, and Ben's fills, I think it's their peak moment as a band

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  12. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I just want to gaf about this band man… after those first two records they were in “this could be my fave band ever” territory

daldalian likes this.
  13. daldalian

this is all there is

I can relate - I started to fall off at Golden Record, then Mother Nature brought me back, but then the next two releases didn't do anything for me. I still haven't given the new album a good proper listen, but from what I've heard, it's a much closer attempt at a return to form.

Music is tough, especially for a band at this level of popularity and with such a revolving cast of members, but I keep holding out hope they'll get some good momentum and blow me away again.

14. eight30

Regular

After listening to this for a few days now I feel like my opinion is different than most. It doesn’t reach Mother Nature or even the self titled but there’s a lot to love here. The singles certainly stand out but I am enjoying the Golden Record vibes on You’ll See It All Coming and Turning Love into War. I might be the only one that likes With My Pen too lol. Excited to see them tonight!

15. Jusscali

I didn’t think Mother Nature was as good as everyone else. So while i appreciate what they did after golden record, nothing has come close to war paint for me.

stijn_p likes this.
  16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Listened to GR yesterday at the gym. Good songs for sure, some really excellent stuff too. But it’s held back by a spotty performance

NiklePikle and Micah511 like this.
  17. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Remember AP.net collectively freaking out over Work In Progress? Potentially the high point for this band.

NiklePikle, Crisp X and OotyPa like this.
  18. NiklePikle

I'm not sure why everyone's shitting on with my pen. I think it's different and rocks in its own.

19. Jusscali

Nah I can’t believe it left the cutting room floor

20. TimeBandit99

Regular

Yeah I don't see what would be the issue with it. It's def solid and great chorus

NiklePikle, Mr. Serotonin and stijn_p like this.
  21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I clearly stated what my issue with it is

22. TimeBandit99

Regular

Right, I guess I don't get Red hot chili pepper vibes from it. It's barely funky to me

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I think With My Pen is fine. My least favorite tracks are actually that middle section of Turning Love Into War and Where Did All the Time Go. There's nothing really outstanding or terrible on here imo

NiklePikle likes this.
  24. SamLevi11

Prestigious Prestigious

A few listens in. This sits behind RFTS, War Paint, and Mother Nature, in that bracket with Golden Record and the S/T where I like it, but I only love particular songs.

Pacific Ocean, Gravity, What’s An Hour Really Worth, Where Did All The Time Go are currently my favourites.

Pacific Ocean, in particular, had guitars that really reminded me of their early work. I’d love them to use that style more again going forward.

I feel like there was a strong record in here, but it got rushed out, maybe following the lukewarm reaction to Coming Home?

NiklePikle likes this.
  25. This conversation reminds me I'm due for a discography run. Don't remember the last time I put on S/T and looking back it's the album I'm the least familiar with. Odd as I do recall spinning it a lot back then until Mother Nature totally eclipsed it in my mind.