Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer Drop Off Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Always something with these guys....

mybreakingpoint likes this.
  3. deadpatch

4. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

The drummer they just brought in this year posted this. Not sure what happened.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  5. failinginplace

Regular

you know, usually if you are the headliner and you "drop off" your headlining tour they just call it "cancelled" lol

6. RiseAgainst379

Regular

This is a band that I'll never understand how they stuck around this long. Feels like there's been drama for decades now.

7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

8. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Ooofa doofa. That's not good.

9. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

Their band drama was definitely my favorite shit to read on absolute punk back in the day. Those guys are a bunch of maroons.

10. KneeDeepPow

Maroon 2

11. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

The last I remember their ex guitarist going to jail for burglary or some shit.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  12. thatwasamoment

Since '06

Great musicians but I worry for the band. They literally have a drink in every ig picture. The amount of alcohol they consume is unhealthy.

web250 likes this.
  13. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Yikes

14. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

The drama before war paint was insane. I still listen to that album pretty frequently

Brent likes this.
  15. dubey

Regular

First two records *chefs kiss*
    Maybe it's because I'm no longer in my 20s but I get a kick out of seeing musicians with their refillable bottles of water on stage now lol

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Love their music, but I don’t respect the lack of professionalism. This band has a lot of potential, so it’s irritating to continue hearing stuff like this. It’s like they get in their own way.

Also, a friends band was recently on the bill for this tour when it came to their city. Told me these guys were completely hammered and just “straight up sucked” once they hit the stage.

reachingfor likes this.
  17. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Crazy that this happened at the show that his kid attended. I honestly feel bad for her, especially if she saw the alleged fight, and you know AJ drinks like a camel every minute of the day, especially at shows.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  18. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

I really like the EP too before Reach. I agree though! And I liked Mother Nature a lot.

19. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

I was hoping they were past all this shit. The last time I saw them live, AJ was shit faced and I left half way through. He was slurring all his words in between songs and while singing.

20. Yellowcard2006 Nov 22, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 22, 2022)
    Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Maybe someday AJ will learn to treat his band mates right

(I don't know anything just making a bit of a joke)

21. Yeah, my fear is that they left the tour either due to alcohol-dependence or because something bad happened while they were drunk.

My wife has been a massive TDS fan for years, but she hasn't had a chance to see them live in over a decade. We got to see them on this tour, and we were extremely excited -- but we were also unaware of their modern trend of unprofessionalism.

Needless to say, AJ was already hammered before the performance started, he was taking massive swigs of whiskey between most songs, and he made multiple announcements during the set of where people could go drinking with them after the show. The behavior was disappointing, the performance was disappointing, and we left early.

I wish live musicians could be held to the same standard that most job positions are: show up to your job drunk and you get fired.

22. Good Mourning

This band has had drinking issues for a very long time. The fact that AJ and Matt are super deep into HARD drugs too over the last few years, it’s crazy to believe they’ve lasted this long.

You can easily find podcasts that they’re on where the openly promote doing hard drugs and it’s so cringey and embarrassing to listen to and they try to act like they are “cool” because of it

A close friend of mine knows AJ and their exact words to me was “I sometimes have no idea how he hasn’t died from drinking/drugs”

it’s sad. They need help. They have been told that they need help and so far have refused to listen to anybody. I hope as human beings that they can turn their lives around but I’m not holding my breath

23. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Damn, that’s rough. Didn’t realize it was Matt too. I know AJ has been messy for awhile. Hopefully they get help.

24. Punkrocker

Wiping brings down the rainforest

I saw them back in 2019 with a buddy and they were great. My experience was similar where at least AJ was clearly hammered, slurring his words all over the place, and talking about partying around town after the set was done. Somehow when they were playing they were very tight and still managed to sound good. It kind of reminds me of the family guy episode where Peter becomes really good at playing music when he's drunk haha.

25. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Was that when they opened for State Lines? I saw them then in Boston and he was legit solid AF and friendly at the merch area, saying meet up afterwards to drink but I dipped early to go to Thursday's show down the road.

reachingfor likes this.