Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer Begin Teasing • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 7, 2017.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Ugh what a shitbag. Sorry to hear for your roommate. Was he/she able to fight the charges?

2. razorburn

Trusted

What a prick.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. RobbTWYH

Not that I remember. We had more than enough evidence to get him tossed in Jail though, up to and including him finally admitting to it. I caught him stealing some of my gear the night before we found that all out too. I told him if he did anything like that we were gonna whoop his ass like he stole something (not even a metaphor here). I remember desperately wanting to put him in jail, but also wanting to remove the negative energy of that from my life. I think over time we kind of just forgot, like the afroman song.

Sure enough, next day my roommate called and filled me in. Even when we confronted him, with ample proof, he sat all hunched up with his things and denied everything and mumbled. I wanted him to at least admit to it and apologize, but he just couldn't do that, so I hit him in his dumb face and told him that he had 10 minutes to get off our street or else I would tell everyone on the block that he was a thief (we lived in a "gang" neighborhood). I guess he was gone about 30 seconds once I went inside though.

He texted me like ten minutes later and over an hour his texts went from "Hey man, im so sorry about the misunderstanding" yada yada yada, to him saying "you tried to kill me, I'm coming back with a detective, you better hide the weapon" and shit like that lolol. I had to block the dudes #, it wasn't worth the stress. For the next few days, I'm assuming when he was high as all f*** on Klonopin or Oxys, he would send my roommate Eminem lyrics about how he was gonna show up and kill us and all that stuff. I mean, they might have been ICP lyrics for all I know, all I know is it was pill fueled, angry white boy stuff. My poor paranoid roommate even slept with a bat next to him that first night! Loooool

I originally met the dude through here, ironically enough. It was after one of the many scandals they had back in 2011-12 and I commented about how much of a joke the band had become. Cody found me on facebook and sent me a long plea to give their music another shot and to not believe the BS. So, from then on, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I was more than aware of the bad reputation he had, I just figured I would give him a shot. I guess that is the naive Canadian side of me that assumes everyone is a good person until proven otherwise. He did some graphic design work for our band, and despite being shaky in regards to punctuality at times, he seemed pretty decent and normal.

My roommate had a sweet idea though. When he first found out, his plan was to convince him he found a dealer that had what he wanted for cheap on the west side of town. He was gonna take an uber with him to a bar across LA, and while they wait for "the guy", my roommate would have a couple drinks. His phone would conveniently die when the getaway car was close, and so he would need to borrow codys phone to coordinate. Once my buddies ride arrived, he was gonna take the money from cody to go meet the dealer while he was still on his phone. Then he'd hop in the car, leaving Cody across town with no money, no phone, and a bar tab that he was left responsible for. Once he eventually made it back to the valley, he would see all his stuff locked outside the apartment. At the end of the day though, my roommate got too heated and he ended up just chucking cody's stuff out and spray painting THIEF on his suitcase (in neon orange).

Say what you want about my roommate, but the guy sure knows a thing or two about revenge!!! Also, I hate telling this story because it makes me sound violent. I'm really not. I think this is the only fight I've been in since I've been an adult, which I guess makes me undefeated, but it only happened because the dude betrayed us and then was a total goon about it.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Holy.
    Shit.

That's insane man. I'm not a man of violence either but scummy thieves like that deserve what's coming to them so there's no judgement from me at all. I would most likely do the same if I was in your shoes.

At the end of the day, I feel like you were 100% making the right choice in dropping it vs. wasting all that negative energy on a loser piece of shit. I hope you get all the good karma points you and your roommate deserve after being put through that. Ugh. Fuck Cody. Hopefully he gets sent to jail for a good period of time over this theft since it's over 10k worth.

Also, what band are you in? Always interested to check out music by users over here.