Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer Begin Teasing • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 7, 2017.

1. studskalny

I met the devil and I stared her in the eyes

I'm so down for this. That link about the Cody robbery just gave me same old bleh feeling I used to get when reading AP threads about stupid stuff that would happen, mostly surrounding him. Hopefully TDS can be about nothing but music this time.

2. Hope it sounds like a continuation of War Paint, that was by far their best

SamLevi11, mattylikesfilms and Brent like this.
  3. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

scumbag continued to be scummy??

so glad he won't be anywhere near this

4. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

This is awesome

5. hibbletonrules

Future love, don't fall apart Prestigious

I wish Tyler was involved, I feel like there was something missing after they lost him. He is so freaking talented and is the main reason why RFTS is one of my favorite albums.

Ryan likes this.
  6. razorburn

Trusted

7. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

golden record didn't really hit me the way their other two albums did, and i think at this point i'm just at a different stage of life so new music likely won't be able to mean the same thing to me anymore. but, it sounds like Cody might recognize how toxic he was to the group. hopefully everyone's just happy with wherever things are at/where they go.

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

please be a band again

artbynickferran likes this.
  9. SayWhatIsReal.com Jul 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 8, 2017)
    SayWhatIsReal.com

In my opinion, it was the duo of Cody and AJ that made the band. They knew each other since high school. They've been through so much shit together. Yeah, they had friction at times. But that sort of friction makes for the best music sometimes. Cody had those signature guitar tones. AJ has amazing lyrics.

They seemed to have that chemistry like how Bert & Quinn made The Used. Tom & Mark for Blink. Davey & Jade for AFI. Adam & John for TBS. Sonny & Matt Good for FFTL. Etc. Etc.

I hope I'm proved wrong, but I do wish Cody was still in the band.

11. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Really hoping its not an Adele cover.

Brent and AshlandATeam like this.
  12. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, begin teasing REFUNDS I hope!!! (Haha, remember - the crowdfunded documentary!) Sorry guys, just riffing here! I like the song 'war paint' a lot, very uplifting imo.

mattylikesfilms and Jason Tate like this.
  13. Wasn't that a guitar line from Work in Progress in that teaser? It sounds similar.

14. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

15. noKings

Regular

As long as AJ is there, should be a solid reunion.

16. mattylikesfilms Jul 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 9, 2017)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just read that article about Cody and wow.. FUCK THAT GUY! I feel awful for the poor victim. I'll have to check out his music and maybe buy it if I dig it to help out. Musicians stealing from other musicians is as scummy as it gets.

As far as TDS goes, I like some songs between their last three records but I won't ever give a dollar to the band. I've heard horror stories from people who've met them in the past and after seeing them rip off their own fans with that DVD? I don't know how any band could have the gull to do that and then come back? Smh

Edit: found the victim's (Jacob) music and it's pretty good. Suggest people check it out.

Home

https://www.facebook.com/slowandsteadywinsthepizza/

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Cody is gigantic piece of shit man. I get that you like his chemistry with AJ and you're right but him being back would cause too many issues. Plus, bad press isn't necessarily good in this case.

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Cody was toxic to the band and even he admits it, new music will be awesome with the current lineup

19. Yeah because "signature guitar tones" cancels out burglary. Fuck outta here

Night Channels likes this.
  20. MikeC18

Reach For The Sun is my favorite album of all time.

21. Nick Persico

Hey now! Supporter

- 2 tour dates announced. 9/9 in Baltimore, 9/10 in Pittsburgh.
    - Re-signed to Hopeless Records.
    - AJ, Ben, and Matt
    - New music coming in 2018.

22. RobbTWYH

I made the mistake of letting this dude crash at my place a couple years back. Besides being the laziest/messiest houseguest in existence, he stole my roommates credit card out of his wallet when he was sleeping and used it to uber around town to score pills. Dude is the worst kind of scummy.

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Uhh so I can support this band again??

24. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Holy shit at that burglary interview. I have met/shared the stage with Jacob at shows in SC years ago. Very good dude and Slow and Steady is great stuff. Glad TDS is happening again but a big resounding FUCK THAT GUY at Cody Payne.

mattylikesfilms and AshlandATeam like this.
  25. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Yeah I'm glad someone posted that, because the Slow and Steady record is fantastic.

I mean, it obviously sucks for the dude. I wish it didn't happen. But I'm glad to have heard of him.

mattylikesfilms likes this.