Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer - All That Is Left of the Blue Sky (December 4, 2020) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by astereo, Nov 4, 2020.

1. eight30

Regular

I’m Alive and Lie to Me are my early favorites. So happy this morning!

highfidelity203 and beachdude like this.
  2. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Second half of this is something else

beachdude likes this.
  3. TimeBandit99

Regular

If you put self titled, mother nature and this on a Playlist and shuffled it. Not only would it be killer, It would really show they've added lots of diversity in

hairtaylor and Leftandleaving like this.
  4. highfidelity203

Hailey, It Happens Prestigious

For me the Self-Titled wasn't on par with Mother Nature or this new EP. I feel like they were still finding their footing as a band again. That being said I need to revisit it because my expectations might have been unrealistic when they returned.

5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah I agree with this. Mother Nature was a big step up for me and showed them expanding their sound in ways I didn’t expect. This EP is continuing that and it makes me very happy.

6. TimeBandit99 Dec 4, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2020)
    TimeBandit99

Regular

I do feel that. I like fire a lot and infinite at times is my favorite song from them so it raises the album a lot. The tones on that album do all really feel the same across it but I was just so excited and shocked a bit they were back

7. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Sounded familiar but I couldn't think what it was. The beginning of Fuck Them All sounds like the beginning of Dasher from Gerard Way a little bit.

8. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Infinite may be my personal favorite. I also would pluck Valium out as one I return to from the s/t.

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

Infinite, This is Life, Ghosts and Color are all top tier.

Also, it's only 1pm on release day and I've already played Come Along an unhealthy number of times.

10. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

To my untrained ear, the production on this seems kind of shoddy, but I actually enjoy the songs way more than I expected for some reason.

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah the self title was a good but unspectacular return. The first five songs and Infinite are great but the rest was a little mediocre. Since then they have really found their stride.

beachdude and highfidelity203 like this.
  12. ninepointnine

Second half of this EP is so much better -- really great songs.

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

pretty good overall, enjoyed more than I thought I would

14. TimeBandit99

Regular

LA in a cop car is really good. I don't recall hearing A.J with double tracked vocals like that.

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. drummerAVA

Trusted

I haven’t really listened to any of these new tracks until now... I’m Alive is like pure 3eb fan-service... not a complaint.

Solid EP.

Jdaniels and beachdude like this.
  16. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Which song did Aaron write the lyrics/music for? I assume "Come Along" because he sings on it, but not sure. That track and "Lie to Me" are easily my favorites.

beachdude and TimeBandit99 like this.
  17. TimeBandit99

Regular

On Spotify if you click show credits. He is on most of them. But I'm alive he is listed as the first writer so I'm not sure.

beachdude and Ryan G like this.
  18. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

first listen this does nothing for me outside of Fuck Them All. Will give it a few more spins, but doesn't come close to MN

19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Lie to me is next level

20. Yellowcard2006 Dec 4, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2020)
    Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Live stream with AJ and Matt

AJ said they are planning an LP for 2021

21. J12

Trusted Supporter

Like this much more on my second listen, especially the back half. Definitely think it's weaker than Mother Nature, though. That's not really a knock, because that album is going to be hard to beat.

irthesteve likes this.
  22. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

Last 3 songs are pure excellence.

23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Stoked everyone is enjoying this, I'm just getting around to it and it's a ton of fun. Aaron's vocals fit great

beachdude likes this.
  24. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

dang this is really good.

25. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

LA in a cop car came correct

astereo, beachdude and TimeBandit99 like this.