Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer - All That Is Left of the Blue Sky (December 4, 2020) Album • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by astereo, Nov 4, 2020.

1. TimeBandit99

Regular

2. TimeBandit99

Regular

Screenshot_20210610-100335_Facebook.jpg

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  3. manoverboard365

Trusted

Gimme 2021 tour dates!

4. astereo Jun 15, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 15, 2021)
    From AJ’s patreon update today — expect an acoustic run at the end of this year & a new album / headline run right after

5. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm ready for all three!

astereo likes this.
  6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

7. Man. 10 years.

That record came out the summer I finished high school and still teleports me back to that timeframe.

I remember driving back from Florida that august and only had waves on repeat haha. Such a fun time.

still one of my favorite records ever.

8. brendanmachow

not a doctor

Mr. Serotonin and Craig Manning like this.
  9. Craig Manning

Mr. Serotonin and brendanmachow like this.
  10. thekingofnaps

War Paint is one of the best albums of all time. Extremely monumental album for me and came at a point in my life when I needed it. My then partner and I grew out of touch, but we always knew we'd mean something to each other so songs like Siren and No Ones Gonna Need You More cut like knives back then.

Fast forward 10 years later, that same partner and I are now four years married with two kids and we have matching NOGNYM tattoos and we get to see this band live together for the rest of our lives.

11. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit. 10 years? WTF

12. Craig Manning

Love this! Thanks for sharing.

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i consistently listen to war paint so its not like revisiting an old album when i listen to it, but when i do think back to that summer it came out it.....it brings back a lot. hard to believe its been a full decade because like i said its always been an album that's in pretty regular rotation for me, especially when the weather is warm. a lot of it has become more relatable and relatable in new ways throughout the years but thinking back to when i was 18 almost 19 and heard it and what i was going through in my relationships back then....i was so naive and had no idea how much harder my life would get but it makes me happy to think of how innocent i was. it was a carefree summer, fell in love right before moving away for college, all that typical stuff. and then well if anyone knows my story obviously things continued to get worse and worse and worse for almost 10 years straight with some little bright spots here and there. its just crazy to think about what ive been through since this album came out and where im at now, which isn't exactly a great spot but im on the up swing and figuring things out...im certainly more optimistic about things now than i have been at any point in the last 13 months but im still terrified and have a lot to figure out and work on. and like i said having this album (among others) still being relevant to my life helps.

14. thekingofnaps

Sounds like we have a similar(ish) story after reading your retro. Love it.

Craig Manning likes this.
  15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

War Paint is still my favourite by these guys for very sentimental reasons.

One thing I love about this band is it feels like every record of theirs soundtracks a very particular moment in my life, and I do feel like as a band they have sort of grown with me since their comeback. Very excited for their next record. Hoping for more of the pure summer vibes of MN.

16. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

AJ is on this track.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Mr. Serotonin and Nate_Johnson like this.
  18. TimeBandit99

Regular

Been a little quiet from the camp.. anyone on Patreon with AJ hear any news? They maybe are taking a much deserved break after 3 years straight

19. Album next year

TimeBandit99 likes this.
  20. TimeBandit99

Regular

Wait till he hears Come Along Screenshot_20210814-160637_Facebook.jpg

hairtaylor likes this.
  21. 150Wrds

Got my tickets booked for the UK, can't wait to see these guys again!

Mr. Serotonin and TimeBandit99 like this.
  22. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

Damn, I'm itching for some TDS but I don't like Secondhand Serenade at all.
    Maybe if prices are decent I'll go last minute.

24. The fuck lol

25. Ellite25

Regular

It’s seems like they posted a clip from a new song the other day on Twitter.

beachdude and TimeBandit99 like this.