Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer – Mother Nature • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 4, 2019.

1. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

I'm in minority here. Not really feeling anything off of this record, their earlier releases had much more of an impact on me.

2. Buy this album everyone

(Great review Craig!)

jorbjorb and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. Christopher Mills

Tryhard

Love this review! Just got my pre-order the other day. Definitely some songs on here that I never thought I would hear from this band and also some familiar jams. I've loved them since RFTS and this is definitely my favorite release since War Paint

4. Jim186

After a few more days with this, I can definitely get behind about half of the album. Virginia, Mother Nature, Better Light, and Consequence of Living are all great. Those tracks all had an immediate impact on me as soon as they came on. The rest just seems a little.. dull? Not sure how to explain it. Either way, there's no way this album comes anywhere near AOTY for me. Glad it's getting such a favorable response from most of the listeners, though.

5. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

just from the prologue into the first track, i knew this would be different. so good to have these guys back at full form.

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

That transition from "Prologue" into "Blind Ambition" is a really effective moment.

7. Gen Handley

Regular

This album has already got me through so many rough times and has made the good times better - and it's the first full DS album I have ever heard. Amazing record.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  8. r0m4n44

I was unimpressed by the first single they released for this. Didn't have any high hopes for the full album but boy was I wrong. Especially the first half is soooo good. Getting huge Angels & Airwaves vibes from Bring Me Back To Life.
    Unfortunately, that high frequency triangle (or whatever it is) on Where Were You When The Sky Opened Up still hurts my ears (and I have to skip the song for that).