Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer – “I’m Alive”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

This may be my favorite track so far

3. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

my least favorite of the 3.

Is the lead singer a dbag or is that just the impression he gives off

4. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Haha! Yeah he is a dbag for sure. Unfortunately, I love their music. And I’m partial to this release because Aaron Gillespie is on drums. Mother Nature is an incredible album too.

5. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

agreed on all accounts. never really liked them until mother nature, that album hooked me

6. journeyproud

Newbie Supporter

That’s quite a presumption to make based off of what? Do you know him? I know him personally and he is very humble and kind, has never done a single thing that would give the impression that he’s a ‘dbag.’

7. journeyproud

Newbie Supporter

That impression he gives is based off of your perception of reality, there is nothing valid about it. Judgement is an ugly color.

8. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Appreciate you sharing that - i think i heard some rumblings from a while back that he had said/done questionable things? Not trying to spread fake news. But it was that seed that was planted + the video of him drinking hard seltzers + just a general vibe i get. But, i really enjoy his music so i'm happy to be wrong.

9. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

No arguments there

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This is the first music news post/thread I've engaged with the past few days that wasn't the General Politics thread.

I'm digging this. I get some 3EB vibes. Looking forward to the EP.

astereo likes this.
  11. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Do you like War Paint? I revisit that album a lot.

12. jeff.dart

Regular

For about one second I thought they were about to launch into a Jumper cover =)

SuNDaYSTaR and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Same haha

14. jeff.dart

Regular

Haha in the you tube comments the band responded saying that during the shoot the people in the video started singing that song over it.

15. 182 Jack Mannequins

This just sounds so uninspired from a band who usually seems to sing and play with all their heart and emotions on their sleeve...just the opposite of sounding 'so alive.' The ending especially--it just ends by fading out instead of some definitive build up and then cessation. I'm not trying to be that guy, but it feels a little bland and like it's just missing something, and dare I say it might be a tighter drum track by Cato? Starting to feel that losing him is going to be a setback based on the last two songs.

prattsy, SuNDaYSTaR and Jusscali like this.
  16. Daryl.Mathew

Track is dope. Simple and catchy.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  17. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Love it

18. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I gotta give that spin start to finish, i've heard songs here and there, they aren't bad