Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dangerous Summer – “Fire” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 19, 2017.

1. noKings

Regular

Ya'll are greedy. I still listen to Golden Record and this one is plenty dope. Get over yourselves.

2. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

lol i mean if folks don't like it they don't like it

cosmickid and slickdtc like this.
  3. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Think it's good! Really love the vocal melody for the verses, could use a little more instrumental development tho.

4. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

Thanks friend! They've been a favorite of mine for a LONG time, so this was a dream to be able to work on.

Jay and astereo like this.
  5. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Nice lead riff but the vocal melody is limp and there's not much going on in the track.

One of my favorite bands and I love all of their albums and are stoked to have them back.

But this is did not exceed expectations.

6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Not bad, I think it shows AJ can definitely write TDS songs solo.

7. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Have no real drive to listen to this band anymore, but those first two records got to me right when I needed them so I hope this reunion/fourth record move goes well for them.

8. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I like it enough to want to listen to the album.

9. dorfmac

Trusted

Yes - I definitely hear this, too. AJ and Brian are boys and definitely into one another's work, so I'm not surprised to hear the similarities.

10. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

This is dope.

11. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Yeah I really enjoyed this. Ready to hear the entire album now.

12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Golden Record was/is entirely forgettable.

This song falls flat but still excited for new TDS.

13. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i think this was a strange song to release as a single (or just to release) but expect it to work better in the context of the entire album. AJ's voice sounds good again, even though it was "low" register / no higher moments. he sounded rufffffffff on Golden Record. some time away from singing so much hopefully did him good.

14. aniafc

Trusted

Really interested to see how the record sells, as well

15. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It won't sell well. They were never all that popular the first time around, even though they're a great band.

aniafc likes this.
  16. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Makes sense with the Baltimore-area roots too.

17. Kristen

Regular

I'm really surprised people aren't into this very much. I love it and it's currently stuck in my head. The drums and production are stand out.

billyboatman likes this.
  18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

This song succeeded in making me play RFTS today.

billyboatman likes this.
  19. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I dig it. I love that Dale Earnhardt Jr. likes this band.

20. noKings

Regular

Dale Earnhardt Jr is out there promoting them. They'll sell fine.

21. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well, I already really like this tracks, and so happy it surprised me with the fact there's a new album from TDS coming out. I liked Golder Record as well, though it was mostly lackluster, but with some great moments. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, and I agree it sounds a lot like new Have Mercy too!

So who's playing in the band now after all?

22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

AJ is the only original member. I don’t know the name of the other two members but I believe they were in Golden Record.

23. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I was mostly curious if Matt from The Graduate still had any part in it - but went back to twitter and found some affirmation for what you're saying here, same line-up as on Golden Record, but without that one useless douche ;d

24. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

[insert reference to Get Lit here]

25. Distance

Bland and underwhelming. They definitely peaked with War Paint, but I also enjoyed certain songs off Golden Record. TDS has always had a nice intensity and honesty that I didn't feel with this song. Hopefully other songs are better.

I wonder what would have been if they reunited with the original lineup (minus Cody ;)). I always thought Tyler's drumming was amazingly creative and Bryan's guitar work brought more interest as well. I doubt Bryan would have been interested, but it's a shame Tyler wasn't involved in this as he is a better drummer.