Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Daily Show With Trevor Noah (Comedy Central) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Larry David, Jul 5, 2016.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

He was equal parts Stewart and Maher last night. Loved it.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This Tomi interview is fucking fascinating, sitting here in awe ever step of the way

aoftbsten likes this.
  3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I ordered The Daily Show book yesterday. Very excited to read it. Anyone read that or Trevor Noah's book yet? That'll probably be my next one

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I got the Daily Show book for Christmas but haven't had the chance to start it yet. I think I'm going to grab Trevor's on Audible.

truelovewaits likes this.
  5. Larry David

I've heard the audio version is good because he is the narrator

6. Larry David

Jordan Klepper is getting a spot hosting a show at 11:30. I feel like this was inevitable

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Ugh yeah I saw this news yesterday.

I like him as a correspondent, I don't know if I can take his shtick as a host. He doesn't do the right winger act as good as Colbert did, and his voice is a little annoying.

Bring Larry back and ditch the attempted Real Time format...just let Larry be Larry for 15 minutes, and let the rest of the time be devoted to in depth interviews.

8. Larry David

What's funny is I remember thinking to myself a couple of years ago that he would probably ending up hosting within 5 years but I didn't know if I could handle 30 minutes of his overly sarcastic schtick. He's definitely a poor mans Colbert. No one does it like him.

I'd love Larry back by the way :(

David87 likes this.
  9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Man, I wish Larry's show was given a bit longer. I've said it before, but it was really starting to click in the month before it was cancelled.

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

One thing I'll never forgive Jon Stewart for was not informing Comedy Central of plans to leave the show before they had already given Larry Wilmore his own show. He was the one true true heir to The Daily Show.

truelovewaits and David87 like this.
  11. Larry David

Season 2 was miles better than Season 1. Loved the correspondents too. I was lucky enough to see Rory Albanese do stand-up a few months back

aoftbsten likes this.
  12. Larry David

So true. He would've been great in that role

13. Larry David

I think Trevor Noah is starting to really pick up some speed on this show. His awkward stage is definitely over. I've really been enjoying it recently.

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

His new podcast has been solid so far. Not necessarily a comedy podcast, but he conducts interesting interviews.

15. Larry David

I've never listened to a Podcast, but knowing he has one makes me want to start

16. Larry David

Podcast dummy here..where do I start? I have an iPhone.

17. Larry David

Already missing this!

18. Larry David

Did anyone catch The Opposition last night? I DVRd it. So I'll watch it later today

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I can't decide if I like The Opposition. It feels like he is just taking Colbert's gimmick a bit further.

truelovewaits likes this.
  20. Larry David

I can't tell if I'll be able to watch it long-term. It's hard to tell if it's TOO sarcastic.

I guess time will tell!

21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The Opposition is almost too meta for me. I'm not sure how much my brain can take it.

22. Larry David

I'm hoping it surprises me. Larry Wilmore started REALLY hitting his stride in Season 2. Hopefully in time The Opposition finds its footing and identity.

23. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I need to jump back into this show. I really liked him from the start and am curious how far he's come in the months I haven't watched. I am curious to watch The Opposition but I am not in love with Jordan.

24. Larry David

Trevor Noah has definitely gotten more confident and it feels like a good fit now! I think they got renewed through 2022!

Dirty Sanchez and Turkeylegz like this.
  25. Larry David

I think the Opposition is really starting to find its identity. I've really enjoyed the last couple of weeks! His interviews are my favorite part.

I'm still not sold on his correspondents