Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Cult Films Thread Movie • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Aaron Mook, May 5, 2019.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m much more likely to participate if they are available to stream. I actually still do Netflix DVDs, but they can take a while.

angrycandy likes this.
  2. Murder Party was fun.

3. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

You should use Just Watch. It’s a website and an app. Let’s you input whatever streaming services you use so when you search for a movie it tells you which ones they’re on. It updates constantly. (Sorry if this is already a well known site/app, I just keep seeing people ask where stuff is streaming and figured this could help.)

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Yea I always rely on that site!

Groogz likes this.
  5. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Oh nice! I was not aware of this so thank you!

Groogz likes this.
  6. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I'm off today so I'm probably gonna get really high and watch Miami Connection

saw Midsommar yesterday. fucked me up good

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  7. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Miami Connection was bad. Like, Troll 2 and The Room bad. I loved it so much.

angrycandy and yung_ting like this.
  8. angrycandy

this week's film is Koyaanisqatsi

I love this one

9. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I'm in! A quick reading of the synopsis makes this one seem waaaaaay different than what we've currently been watching no?

10. angrycandy

very much so

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Surfer Teen Confronts Fear is on my radar. I hope it gets a digital release soon

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Has anyone watched this? Directed by Fred Durst, starring John Travolta. Reviews are saying it could be the next "The Room" - Travolta's first line in the film is "Can't talk long, I've gotta poo."

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I’ve heard it’s definitely worth watching, however they intended it to be taken.

riotspray likes this.
  14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm literally 7 minutes in (opening credits) and it is INSANE. Gonna be a wild ride.

15. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Final thoughts??

16. angrycandy

I have to see that. watched a review yesterday actually

17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I wound up getting last minute tickets to a show so I turned it off halfway through. It's kinda just bad but there are at least a few REALLY (unintentionally) funny scenes. Definitely gonna finish it tomorrow.

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I just finished it. It's pretty bad, but it's worth watching. A few really good laughs and then a bunch of dumb shit, but it moves at a good pace and is only 90 minutes long. Like any good bad movie, you'll enjoy it much more if you have some buddies over and have some beer or bud or whatever gets you loose, rather than watching half of it on Sunday evening alone and the rest Monday afternoon dead tired after a late Sunday at a concert and then work.

estebanwaseaten and angrycandy like this.
  19. angrycandy

are people still into doing the film club? we can keep it going if there are people who would like to participate

riotspray likes this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I would like to but I’m a few choices behind.

riotspray and angrycandy like this.
  21. angrycandy

no worries at all. you don't have to watch them all necessarily but if you want to then just watch them whenever you can

my only issue is I feel like most people here stream? and that most if not all of you want to stream legally too, so it gets a little tricky because some of these films aren't on all that many streaming services:chin:

idk - we'll figure it out tho

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, most of them I’ve had access to but I think that may not be true for some others. I know Phantom of the Paradise leaving makes that one harder to end up in the rotation, for example.

angrycandy likes this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'd like to do the film club but I'm terrible at committing to watching stuff with all the content coming out nowadays.

angrycandy likes this.
  24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yeah I’ll still participate when I can! I enjoyed it for what it was when it was happening!

angrycandy and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  25. angrycandy

we'll start back up next week

I think we'll watch 3 Women next