Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Crown (Netflix) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dave Diddy, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Halitosis Jones Nov 10, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 10, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

The British establishment making a big deal out of how this will "tarnish" Charles and Camilla is a load of bullshit. If anything this went out of it's way to make them seem as sympathetic as possible.

Two absolutely ludicrous part that made me think i was hallucinating Charles breakdancing and Elizabeth being delighted after getting Billy the Bigmouth Bass as a Christmas present

2. Finished up the season today and I definitely agree with this.

I thought the new cast was really great, especially Pryce and Debicki. I do feel like the writing wasn't quite as strong this time though. The symbolism was always pretty heavy-handed in this show, but I don't think previous seasons would have had the queen all but look straight into the camera when she says stuff like "I guess this yacht is a lot like me."

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  3. I enjoyed it for the most part, but this was probably my least favorite scene. Going back to the yacht, there's a scene in the last episode where Charles literally spells out the metaphor to another character as if it wasn't obvious enough to us as the audience.

OotyPa likes this.
  4. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Agreed—I think this was my least favorite season. Some great episodes though, of course, but overall it didn’t hit quite as hard.

5. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Yeah I've heard people say that now that this show is covering a period of royal lore that is the most familiar to the majority of the people watching the harder it is going to be for the show to resonate, and I gotta agree.

6. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

The two standout episodes for me were the Al-Fayed episode and the Romanov episode.

OotyPa likes this.
  7. I can definitely see that the familiarity being an issue, although it wasn't a problem for me. I know hardly anything about the royal family outside of what has been on the show, to the point where I got "spoiled" by looking up whether the Fayeds were real people or composites.

OotyPa likes this.
  8. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Rewatched season 5 this weekend because of the Coronation. It has kind of grown on me. Still probably the weakest season. With that flat ending you can really tell it was stretched out and it was originally supposed to be the halfway point of a single season and not a finale.

The Diana BBC interview episode is honestly the best upon 2nd viewing.

9. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

will she wear the eagles jacket

Matt Chylak likes this.
  11. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

So I am guessing "the thing" is happening in episode 3. Episode 3's title is in French and episode 4 (the season mid-point) is called "aftermath" .

12. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Oh when the queen sends the hit ?

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  13. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Been rewatching random episodes of this. Season 3 is definitely the best. The Aberfan episode, the Prince Charles Wales episode, the Mountbatten coup episode, all the best of this series.