Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Crown (Netflix) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dave Diddy, Jan 18, 2017.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’d follow Olivia anywhere. The fact that she made her vocal mannerisms not only sound like the queen but like Claire’s specific version as well is just stunning.

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone watching yet? I spent my whole Sunday just staying in from the cold and watching so I’m on episode 7 now. So far I would say there have been two or three episodes that are outstanding, but the season as a whole hasn’t been quite as good as the previous ones.

They always handle episodes about atrocities and tragedies and failures so well, so spending so much focus on small family drama instead of the massive political movements going on at the same time is a disappointment. And if they gloss over certain things entirely it will make for a very confusing season four.

3. I haven't started S3 yet, but I will soon hopefully.

4. Finally started S3. I'm 6 eps in and am really enjoying it. The Aberfan episode is a standout so far. As someone who doesn't know or care about the monarchy, the stories this show chooses to tell each episode make it a fascinating subject.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

phaynes12 likes this.
  6. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

They just announced Elizabeth Debicki is playing Princess Diana in seasons 5/6. Good for her but how in the hell is that going to work lol. She's 6'3" and the actress that is playing Diana in season 4 is only 5'8".

7. It'll be interesting to see if they play with angles and use movie magic to make her seem shorter.

8. Anybody watch the new season yet? I'm planning to start today.

9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah still need to finish 3

it’s wild how massive this show is but how little chatter there is

10. phaynes12

cannot understate how much i love this show. emma corrin is so good

Joe likes this.
  11. She was really good. The story of Diana seems so tragic. I added that Netflix documentary on her to my watchlist because I was so curious after finishing the season. Good season overall. I'm sure that's what Thatcher sounded like and Gillian Anderson was great, but the voice she was putting on was a tad distracting.

I think my favorite ep of S4 was The Hereditary Principle. Helena Bonham Carter is so good, and that story is so fucked up. I'm pretty ignorant of all the history this show details, so it's always fascinating to me.

phaynes12 likes this.
  12. phaynes12

Favourites was my favorite. But yeah, this was an improvement from s3 imo. Can't wait (I'm sure I'll have to) for season 5.

Joe likes this.
  13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

New season was excellent

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

15. delvec19

Trusted

Wife wants to watch this but don't want to be roped in, easy to binge?

16. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Great to binge IMO. Rewatching it, given the passing of the queen.

Love Gilian Anderson.... not up to that part though...

17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Not really a show to binge but it’s great, well worth watching.

18. Nov 9

Jason Tolpin likes this.
  19. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

such a good series.

20. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I wonder how this season will cover the aftermath of Diana's death and Tony Blair's early years as PM that doesn't feel like retread of Peter Morgan's previous work. Because The Queen and The Special Relationship covered a good bit of that.

21. phaynes12

love this show, excited for it to come back

22. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Me watching this season waiting for Prince McNulty to say "what the fuck did I do?" in a posh British accent

[​IMG]

23. Halitosis Jones Nov 9, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 9, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

just started the first episode.

I would say the only recast that feels too stark is Pryce as Phillip. He does a good job but just feels way too different than what Smith or Menzies were doing. I would say Menzies is still by far the best Phillip.

24. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Natascha McElhone!

25. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

That Romanov scene...

[​IMG]