Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Criterion Collection • Page 27

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Apr 15, 2016.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

The Riggs set feels long overdue. Same with The Human Condition upgrade, but I'll probably pass on it since I've already got the Arrow set. Pariah is an inspired pick for a contemporary American film too (re: the other recent conversation in here).

Need to see this one, seen a lot of praise for it on my Letterboxd feed over the last year or so.

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I watched a Youtube rip in college after hearing that it influenced some Korine stuff. Haven't seen it since, but certain parts still stick with me.

username likes this.
  3. radiodead

Trusted

The Human Condition upgrade (Harakiri is one of my favorites in the collection) and Streetwise are definitely the two that pique my interest.

lots of chatter about that Riggs set though, and looks like a steal of a deal.

SpyKi likes this.
  4. radiodead

Trusted

I wish Criterion had a physical subscription service where you could get 1 (or 2) of the newly announced titles at sale prices. I’d rather have a steady drip of films than splurging during the sales (which is also very fun).

coleslawed likes this.
  5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

The Human Condition is incredible. I'd love to own that, I need to see if we have it in the UK.

radiodead likes this.
  6. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Pariah is a fantastic movie. Hoping the Criterion release puts more eyes on it

radiodead likes this.
  7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Of course B&N won’t do a sale when Biden Bucks are on their way.

8. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Just got a free month of the channel. Looking forward to watching some excellent stuff

9. radiodead

Trusted

Watched Smooth Talk the other night. What an absolutely fantastic movie. Laura Dern and Treat Williams are both great. The Criterion is loaded with special features and the booklet also includes the short story by Joyce Carol Oates that the movie is based on.

10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Watched a bit of the Marlon Riggs collection on the Channel, might pick up that one to see Tongues Tied since I don’t think that was on the channel

radiodead likes this.
  11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Lol at assholes putting their blu-rays of In the Mood for Love up on eBay for over $75. Plenty of brand new copies on Amazon for $28

12. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

THE MIRROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Nathan

Fuck yeah Bringing Up Baby. Why did I think that already had a Criterion release?

14. radiodead

Trusted

Mirror and Bringing Up Baby will be insta buys during the sale.

15. Nathan

They have a good amount of Cary Grant so I must have just assumed. Regardless, yeah, super into it.

radiodead likes this.
  16. angrycandy

that's one Tarkovsky I expected Kino to have for a long time. so happy

17. Nathan

Been meaning to watch Deep Cover too, Bill Duke is great.

18. username

hey you lil piss baby

Johnnie To is coming to the collection!! A Big Deal!!

Throw Down

19. angrycandy

never seen The Damned but I love that cover

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Excited about The Damned. I couldn’t watch it before it left the channel because the dubbed audio frustrated me, and it’s very hard to come across otherwise. A proper release was pretty high on my list.

angrycandy likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Love and Basketball!

22. Nathan

Yeah that was a really cool addition

23. radiodead

Trusted

Great month.

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I’ll check out Love & Basketball and Throw Down before the November sale for sure!

25. Morrissey

Trusted