Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Criterion Collection • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Picked up In the Mood for Love and White Material during the sale. I had a few Barnes and Noble gift cards and picked up Paris, Texas today.

2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I’m signed up for the new service but so never had Filmstruck — did they just have everything in their library on there or did they rotate stuff in and out? If the latter then I’m assuming they’re going to keep with that?

3. dash64

This is my design

They rotated stuff in and out.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The site mentions rotating films from outside the collection as well as access to “Criterion’s entire streaming library”, so I feel like the collection will stay included permanently with other options rotating separately.

5. dlemert

Trusted

Picked up The Before Trilogy during last week's sale. It's my first (and possibly only due to the price of these things) Criterion set but what a beauty it is.

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The Before trilogy was accidentally up on Amazon for super cheap before it was released. I think I got it for like $30

coleslawed, jkauf and dlemert like this.
  7. dlemert

Trusted

Yeah, mine was still like $47 even after the 50% off and a $10 credit I had. Don't know how people can typically afford this Criterion stuff haha.

8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I wish the Before Trilogy was available here.

9. username

hey you lil piss baby

I definitely scooped that Before Trilogy deal too. Even with the import fees and brutal exchange and international shipping rates, it was still somehow the cheapest I would ever get it here.

Recently picked up To Sleep With Anger, La verité, and Mikey and Nicky, but have yet to find the time to watch them.

Really excited to pick up Wanda and Japon later this month.

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I really wish I hadn’t just spent all my tax return money on new furniture when this sale was announced.

angrycandy and SlappinCups like this.
  11. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Cool to see Dumont in the collection, need to watch more of his stuff

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

HEDWIG HEDWIG HEDWIG!!

13. username

hey you lil piss baby

Double dose of Dumont is amazing. L’humanité is one of the best of the 90s.

Been very curious about War and Peace since hearing about the restoration and re-release.

14. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Another update on the Criterion Channel:
    The Criterion Channel Announces Launch Lineup
    If I'm understanding this correctly, they'll have all of the Criterion Collection and Janus films as part of the Criterion Channel and then they'll filter in and out movies from other studios on a regular basis. I am definitely intrigued.

BackyardHero11, coleslawed and jkauf like this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep, it sounds wonderful. They confirmed that everything in the Criterion section is here permanently, and films that are in the spotlight category will be available for a minimum of 90 days. The first month of special programming has some really cool stuff as well.

BackyardHero11, jkauf and Groogz like this.
  16. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Wow this looks incredible.

17. username

hey you lil piss baby

Amazing that they’ll have stuff from Grasshopper and Cinema Guild. Easily the two best distributors around.

18. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

What are the odds of this eventually going under? I know neither how much money Criterion pulls in nor how much the costs are for streaming sites. I imagine for Netflix and Hulu a massive amount goes simply to getting permission to stream things, but with Criterion is that even an issue?

19. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

Just signed up for the Criterion Channel. So stoked for this.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  20. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

pumped for the channel to launch on Monday

21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

jbaseball44 likes this.
  22. jbaseball44

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I downloaded it for my phone, so far I like the way it looks but I can’t figure out how to just find the whole library and see what they have. The search feature works pretty well though.

Don’t see it available for Roku yet, which is where I will definitely do most of my viewing.

24. username

hey you lil piss baby

Did they announce a time for the launch? Still only the movie of the week for me in web browser.

25. jbaseball44

probably suffering from usual first day hiccups.

edit - are all the movies come up on my iPhone App but they are all locked