Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Criterion Collection • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Apr 15, 2016.

1. i didn’t see them on filmstruck tho :,(

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Did anyone notice the "preferred director's cut" re-release of Andrei Rublev that's coming in a few weeks? Also, not sure if it's nationwide but the "director's cut" of Blood Simple is opening here next week, had no idea that was coming either.

3. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

What were your thoughts on the series as a whole?

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm in the midst of moving, so I haven't gotten beyond the first film. I may throw on another one this weekend. I'll let you know.

5. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Ahhh ok, well I think you will enjoy it. I loved the whole series I watched it over the course of a week. Might need to do a rewatch soon.

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I desperately want Klute to get a proper release through them. I just got a beautiful new TV and decided to watch my copy, and compared to other similar releases I've rewatched recently this bare bones DVD is really rough. Apparently it's out of print too so it's a perfect candidate.

Also I watched my brand new sex, lies, and videotape, and it looked absolutely gorgeous. I did notice an interesting change in the audio restoration where a sound cue of static on a TV that always was super jarring and one of my favorite moments is much more muted on this version. A rare time where I actually prefer something on an older release more.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

8. Dog with a Blog

Wat

coleslawed and Larry David like this.
  9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Finally decided to start buying some of these and find out the selection in the UK is severely limited. Got Night of the Living Dead and It Happened One Night anyway.

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone going to this? I’m very excited. I’m assuming it’s playing across the country.

Attached Files:

11. username

hey you lil piss baby

Don't think I've seen that cut. Only the 200+ minute one, and that was on their awful DVD years ago. I know they're bringing that here in the fall, I'll definitely try to make it out.

12. Dog with a Blog

So has anyone seen the new Tree of Life yet?

13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

It was gorgeous. Definitely get to it if you can.

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

Ah, that’s great to hear. Unfortunately both screenings are while I’m out of town for a film fest. But I’m excited to check the restoration on the blu-ray whenever I get the chance.

15. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

[​IMG]

16. username

hey you lil piss baby

Wild. The only May film I missed at the series here this summer. She’s amazing.

17. primavera

flash sale for the next 24 hours from the home page

18. primavera

picked up all that jazz, tree of life, a woman under the influence and shampoo

19. I have Tree of Life and the Marseille trilogy in my cart; anything could happen.

20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Got ToL and Andrei Rublev

21. primavera

another 50% off sale this time with B&N. feels too close to the one for the website though, i doubt i’ll grab anything

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Is the Bergman available yet? I know I’ve had it in my head that it would be on the sale for the next one.

23. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Just got Being There and Princess Bride a couple of days ago, but couldn’t resist the sale. Added In The Mood for Love, Watership Down, Inside Llewyn Davis, and Le Samourai — hard to even cap it at four.

24. username

hey you lil piss baby

Nov 20