Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Creepy Experiences/Ghost Stories/Conspiracy Theories, etc Thread • Page 63

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Letterbomb31, Apr 3, 2016.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Anyone know some good true crime unsolved/paranormal YouTube series? I used to watch buzzfeed unsolved but it’s over now.

2. I watch That Chapter every week. Great True Crime channel, not exactly unsolved or paranormal though. I've been looking for some of those myself. I used to watch a lot of those cheesy countdown channels (15 Unknown Creatures Caught on Tape, etc.)

3. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

ICYMI, Glynn Washington's (the host of Snap Judgment which airs on NPR) parents were part of Heaven's Gate, and he made a podcast about the whole thing that is really good but totally unnerving.

JamesMichael and marsupial jones like this.
  4. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

thanks for the link, I’m definitely going to check that out.

also absolute kudos for having my favorite word as a username! I’ve been trying to get my company to use it as a project title for years and our lead designer really likes it but just hasn’t found the product / design that best symbolizes the word in his opinion. Think I found the word in a book I was reading and then looked it up since I had never heard or seen it before and honestly don’t think I’ve seen it since then until now.

sonder likes this.
  5. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I just finished it today and what a ride! One of my favourite podcasts in some time.

sonder likes this.
  6. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Hey thanks! Wasn’t expecting that :)

7. So we’re remodeling our hall bathroom right now and the guy we hired had to put plastic lining and tape over our entire hallway to mitigate the mess/random damages. So basically our two guest rooms have been totally sectioned off for the last three weeks, no one’s gone in or out, and one of us is here at all times when the guy is working.

A couple nights ago I notice a light under one of the guest room doors when walking by to go to bed and I’m like.... wtf. I tear a hole in the plastic and crawl through it, and when I get in I see the closet light is on. Bizarre. But I’m like, idk, maybe it’s been on this whole time and somehow neither my girlfriend or I have noticed it.... for three weeks. Sure, okay.

Well today as the contractor was cleaning up to leave, he takes down all the plastic and tape because he’s done sanding stuff. Cool! I use the aforementioned room as my music creative space so I’m stoked to have it accessible again. I take my laptop in there and start plugging in some gear when I notice it’s a little warm. The ceiling fan is on a remote, no pull strings, so I grab the remote and turn it up. It doesn’t speed up. A few minutes of troubleshooting go by before I realize... it’s going backwards. This was not just some weird oversight — the fan 100% went in the right direction before. And because it has no pull strings, the only way to switch the spin direction is to remove the light cover entirely and flip a switch. Even if that room could’ve been accessed in the last few weeks, that adjustment isn’t one that could be made unintentionally

Anyway so that’s where I’m at. Gonna go buy a new fan tomorrow and also probably a bible

Ken, PandaBear!, sonder and 8 others like this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It was nice knowing you.

Ken, sonder, adamlikesdogs and 4 others like this.
  9. Check yr walls homie

trevorshmevor and Victor Eremita like this.
  10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

U disturbed the resting place good luck

priest-rosary.gif

11. Carmen SD

Trusted

Holy water, sage, the Lord’s Prayer

12. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Jonesing for some spooky/unexplained stories. Anyone come across anything good recently?

JamesMichael and Aaron Mook like this.
  13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

You may have already heard this cause it's not new but somehow I just learned of it recently and I need answers!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOS_incident

It's the case in Japan where police searched for missing hikers and saw a big SOS sign and then found them. But the hikers were like wtf we didn't make that sign and then they found remains of a missing man but them the lab results of the bones thought it was a woman? But then they were like jk it's a man? And then they felt that he would've been too weak to make the SOS sign himself so someone would've had to help but they don't know who. Idek.

Daniel, JamesMichael and Orla like this.
  14. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I'm definitely ready for another season of Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix.

Daniel and angrycandy like this.
  15. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Had not heard that one before. Definitely weird.

16. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

A friend sent me this one that happened recently and it's pretty creepy. This is right where my family would camp every summer growing up.

17. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Started checking out some episodes of the Monsters Among Us podcast, very similar to Radio Rental without all the annoying Rainn Wilson stuff. The mirror men stories are really creeping me out.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. Are these true stories?

19. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Yeah, well supposedly. Both shows have the people telling them themselves. The Monsters Among Us guy comments on them afterward, Radio Rental has a dumb frame narrative with Rainn Wilson playing a rental store clerk or some shit, I always fast forward to the stories.

Ep 212: Mirrored Men with Monsters Among Us - Blurry Photos

This is the Monsters Among Us guy talking about the Mirror Men on another podcast where he compiles all the best stories, really creepy shit.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. Nice! I'll give this a listen tonight.

I'm still hooked on my 90s Coast to Coast episodes, lol. If I can find any of the Ghost to Ghost recordings online, I'll post them in here.

Daniel likes this.
  21. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I've always wanted to check it out but don't even know where to start.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. Definitely not with anything new, because I'm pretty sure they show has drifted into anti-vaxx/plandemic territory lmao. Conspiracies aren't fun anymore. All of the old ones I listen to are harmless nuts talking about the face on Mars and cities on the moon and such. I'll try to find some good ones!

Daniel likes this.
  23. Daniel likes this.
  24. Not a spooky story, just a youtube sketch it feels like this thread would appreciate

25. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

This is more of a non-story, but I was just listening to a podcast that mentioned the Queen Mary and it got me thinking about it again.

A long time ago my girlfriend at the time and I were at the ship. We were poor kids and didn't want to pay the crazy price for the "Ghost Tour" so we were just walking around outside of it checking it out. She walked up to the ramp at the rear and checked the door and it had been left unlocked. She went in and I waited outside for a bit before following her. As I was waiting I looked up and saw a lady's face sticking out one of the port holes on the side of the ship. I didn't think too much about it at the time, I went in after my girlfriend and we walked around the area with the rooms for a bit and left out the door we came. It was creepy inside, but nothing crazy happened.

It wasn't until later when I couldn't get the look on that lady's face out of my head that I started to wonder if something weird actually happened. Her expression and movement was so weird and unnatural that it gives me chills whenever I think about. A huge grin, eyes bulging, looking out, and slowly shaking her head from side to side. It was probably just some lady looking out the porthole in her room, but it still freaks me out.

Later I did go out on that ghost tour, and it sucked. It was like a fake show with lights and fog. The creepiest part is that while you're waiting they let you go explore the engine room by yourself. That place creeped me the fuck out. I was the last one in our group going up a set of those ladder/stairs they have and felt like there was someone right behind me hurrying me out.