Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Creepy Experiences/Ghost Stories/Conspiracy Theories, etc Thread • Page 60

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Letterbomb31, Apr 3, 2016.

1. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

2. angrycandy

shadow people freak me out so much

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've been watching Shane and Ryan's scary story series and it's been okay. Not as good as Unsolved and idk if I'd say it's "scary" but it gives me "sitting around a bonfire to hear campfire tales" vibes which I don't hate.

Shakriel likes this.
  4. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I was watching them late at night, which kind of made them a little creepier.

5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Been in a v weird space lately, it’s kind of similar to when you’re coming down off acid where everything is strange. I’ve been seeing the number 3 way more than usual, which I get the cognitive biases in forming that illusion but it just seems to be popping up way more and have more significance. Then I thought I heard someone knocking my door three times last night, but it was subtle enough that it could have been anything, just reading too much into stuff. I’m on page 33 rn too lol. The mind is terrifying.

sonder, incognitojones and Aaron Mook like this.
  6. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I used to be obsessed with certain numbers and found them everywhere. The number 11 for example is always in my life from as far back as I can remember: addresses, employee numbers, license plates, plane flights, street numbers, highway exit closest to my life, DOB, SO’s info, friends info, movie times, bus tickets, etc.

I remember when I was on vacation a few years ago I realized that the numbers of all FIVE of my flight numbers each added up to 11, some of the arrival times added up to 11, my hotel room number, the Uber amount to the restaurant, etc. it totally freaked me out and I was wild as a wet fox while sitting in this restaurant lol

sonder and ReginaPhilange like this.
  7. Kiana

Wild as a wet fox?? Omg is that a known saying it's so cute

wisdomfordebris and sonder like this.
  8. marsupial jones

haha I don’t want to sound arrogant but I may have come up with that literally as I was writing it. I also don’t know if it’s factual lol

9. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

This was posted at 11:11 my time

sonder, ReginaPhilange, Renee and 2 others like this.
  10. marsupial jones

omg lol sure as shit, 10:11 my time. Well, that’s ironic and creepy as shit :crylaugh:

supernovagirl and alina like this.
  11. Renee Jul 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 6, 2020)
    Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

Felt my spirit cat walking around the bed last night. SHE STEPPED ON ME. It's so freaky and I absolutely 100% certainly know it's not the living cat.

12. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Loving some new activity in this thread. Also don't know if I mentioned it before, but Spooked (the podcast from the dude who hosts Snap Judgement on NPR) is amazing. Another new season coming soon!

edit: The Fog is a particularly spooky one to start out with, esp the story about a drive down a lonely road in Alabama in the middle of the night....

Shakriel likes this.
  13. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

The Hunt For Skinwalker documentary is on Hulu. One of my favorite creepy stories. I still think LPotL's Skinwalker Ranch series is the best, but I understand they're not to everyone's liking. The documentary covers a couple things they didn't talk about.

Victor Eremita and sonder like this.
  14. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

My girlfriend just introduced me to the podcast Radio Rental. It's perfect if you like these kind of stories. The framing is a little wacky with Rainn Wilson playing a video store clerk that introduces the stories but they're true stories told by the people they happened to with some decent sound editing. Creepy unexplained stuff, brushes with death and serial killers, weird time slips or parallel dimensions converging. Don't want to spoil any, but fun shit.

sonder and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  15. Kiana

Crime Junkies used to be my fave and now I have a hard time listening to it. Not even cause plagiarism accusations oop, but they seem to project a lot onto the stories. Like they'll describe very specific feelings of family that they haven't indicated they have ever interviewed or spoken to. "her blood ran cold and the hairs on the back of her neck stood up!" idk why they take like dramatic storytelling license with that. I don't think they get those details from interviewing the people themselves since they tend to acknowledge when they've actually spoken with those involved. And they don't seem to be quoting a specific media source. They just seem to take creative license with describing that sorta stuff

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I think Invisible Choir is a really good true crime podcast. At times they make things a bit over dramatic with music cues and the host but overall I think it’s really well done.

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Who here can give me the spooky 411 on skinwalker ranch? Any good documentaries?

Leftandleaving likes this.
  18. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Watch and read Hunt for the Skinwalker. Listen to Last Podcast on the Left's series. If you don't like those guys, Astonishing Legends does a decent series on it too.

If you need some background on it. It's basically a piece of land in Utah's Uinta Basin where a confluence of all paranormal activity happened. Poltergeist, cryptids, UFOs, Cattle Mutilation, interdimensional portals, and more. Robert Biggalo bought it later and had his team out there for a while studying phenomena. Skinwalker Ranch is kind of a misnomer, probably to sell more books, the stories don't really have anything to do with Skinwalkers.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  19. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I started to listen to this today based on your post and I’m on the 5th episode and loving it!

Daniel likes this.
  20. Daniel Jul 25, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 6, 2022)
    Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

It's a lot of fun. I have started fast forwarding to the stories though when I'm running through 2 or 3 episodes at a time.

21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

its a play on Skywalker ranch

22. Is Hunt for the Skinwalker worth watching? I threw it on for maybe the first 20 minutes or so and then read a bunch of negative LetterBoxd reviews and switched to something else

23. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I had it on in the background while working. It's got some cool stuff that I hadn't heard before, but yeah I wouldn't say it's a good film or anything.

24. So like. I was just in the backyard watering my plants, when all of a sudden I noticed the hose stream was becoming weaker, until it eventually just stopped completely. The hose is not very long (like 10ft) so it took like 1 second to determine there were no twisted parts that would’ve cut off the water supply. So I walked up to spigot and twisted the knob...... and it was all the way off??? After I had just turned it on moments ago. Straight up this hose just turned itself off. I am deeply creeped tf out right now

25. angrycandy

that's terrifying