Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Creepy Experiences/Ghost Stories/Conspiracy Theories, etc Thread • Page 59

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Letterbomb31, Apr 3, 2016.

1. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Did a quick search in the thread and no one has mentioned the Spooked podcast yet (hosted by the same guy from NPR's Snap Judgement). Got so into that show around last Halloween...the way they do it comes across as really authentic (and therefore creepy af sometimes). It's not all creepy stuff, some just straight up head-scratchers or interesting stories.

Anyways, season 3 is coming out soon if anyone wants to get into it. This one is a good place to start that has one reeeeally creepy story and one that is actually kinda nice.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  2. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Nice. Thanks for the recommendations, I'm always looking for more spooky podcasts. I recently started Astonishing Legends and the Black Eyed Children episode freaked me out, any time I have to get up in the middle of the night I'm afraid they're going to knock on my door.

sonder likes this.
  3. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Nice thanks for the recommendation back.

4. barrysingh101 Sep 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 6, 2019)
    barrysingh101

Here is a recount of an occurrence of high strangeness which was witnessed by 5 people (myself included) that we refer to as "The Shoestring Incident"
    Back in around '95 I lived in a two family house of which I occupied the 2nd floor. I had my bandmates and two friends all sitting and talking about everything from Spiderman's enemy Venom to the question of is there an alien presence to what guitar strings are the best...while we all were talking and such..my drummer T dozed off, like he usually does when we are all winding down from practicing...he was not out for 5 minutes when he jarred himself awake and readjust his feet's position which at the time were right foot over left foot...he found himself not being able to adjust and looked down to see what was preventing him to do so, he uttered out loud "what the f__k??" then "guys...what is this?"..we all asked him what was he talking about...he said "who did this?" at that point we all gathered around him and were more than a little freaked out that his shoe laces (he wore airwalks) from both shoes were retied into a checkerboard fashion at about 7x7 square...not only that but in the center of the checkerboard was a wildly arranged knot (like a Japanese ornamental knot) which he nor any of us could figured how or who did it..he had to remove his shoes together as they were very tightly bound..3 of us were working to get it undone and the others just stood around and were too shaken by it to really be comfortable...after about 45 minutes we finally got them undone...after that a close friend who was present moved out of the state..but before he left as we were hanging out he told me "man, I am going to move to Michigan...I just wanted you to know why...I been thinking about that time when T's shoes were all knotted up and I cannot make sense of it...and that scares me..and that is why I have to move."
    Needless to say my old friends and former drummer T tells me that there is not a day that passes that he does not wonder what happened that night.
    The above recount of an occurrence is to my best knowledge true and without error.
    Thanks for reading. shareit VidMate App - Download Install Best Video Downloader VidMate APK 2019

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

New fear of old fridges

6. chris

Trusted Supporter

the punky brewster fridge episode was the most effective cautionary tale of my childhood despite the fact I don't think I've ever even seen an old fridge like that in person

Nyquist likes this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

so Indiana Jones shoulda died in a fridge ?

jkauf likes this.
  8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Triggering my claustrophobia like whoa.

9. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I lived in a tiny little house with my parents and older sister until I was five when they moved us to a larger house because my little sister was on the way. I have an incredibly vivid memory of watching this particular episode with my older sister on our tiny TV in our little living room and being absolutely mortified. My mom tells me my memories of that old house almost certainly must be secondhand because I was so young but I am telling you I WILL NEVER FORGET WATCHING THAT.

summertimejesus and Kiana like this.
  10. So uhhhh my cheap-ass, non-smart, one cord having white noise machine just decided to say my first name on a loop for a few minutes and I'm terrified. It was just this quiet, digitized voice saying "Aaron" every couple seconds to a tempo. I know frequencies can sometimes cut through white noise, but I could swear this was my name. I promise I'm not crazy.

11. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Noooooo

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

wtf

what kinda noise does it usually make?

13. Just white noise, like a low static that the TV makes. And it was still making that noise, but this was a voice over top of it

14. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

[​IMG]

supernovagirl, Aaron Mook and K0ta like this.
  15. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

[​IMG]

supernovagirl and Aaron Mook like this.
  16. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Honestly me reading that post alone last night

sonder likes this.
  17. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Not turning on my white noise machine for awhile.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Great now my wave machine is gonna keep me up spooked all night

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Watched the first episode of the new Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix, that music still gives me the heebie jeebies not gonna lie lol

Anyway, I was definitely captivated, prob gonna watch the whole run

sonder, jkauf, Fletchaaa and 4 others like this.
  20. Yeah, that sounds like a weekend binge for sure

Victor Eremita likes this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

are there any youtube channels featuring weird alien/creature footage that isn't absolute trash and obvious fakes? I miss my nightly creepy watches before bed

22. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

That's hilarious, the music was always the scariest part for me.

Well that and the reenactments with the clay figure heads and what they think the perpetrator looks like haha.

jpmalone4 likes this.
  23. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Definitely the music and Robert Stack's voice got me good.

Also down for any creepy YouTube recommendations.

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

you should disconnect Hal immediately.

But yeah that’s creepy AF. Makes me feel weird about my baby’s white noise maker that I can currently hear from my bedroom heh

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

oh hi there