Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Creepy Experiences/Ghost Stories/Conspiracy Theories, etc Thread • Page 56

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Letterbomb31, Apr 3, 2016.

1. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

trevorshmevor and Kiana like this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Guyz I'm obsessed. I wish they'd redo the original first eps and have Shane in them instead tho! I've watched these three so many times tbh!

3. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

You guys might like the podcast Jim Harold’s Campfire

4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I used to listen a few years ago. There's some great stories but a lot of other ones made me roll my eyes.

5. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Me and my girlfriend were talking and she said something was "so funny" and my alexa unprompted said "funny in a good way, I hope". I couldn't even make her repeat it by asking her a question. So weird, never happened before lol

6. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Unplugged mine after I was talking to myself out loud and it started saying the ABC’s.

Ken and Fletchaaa like this.
  7. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

pretty crazy abduction / murder story near my hometown that had a (somewhat) happy ending.

Stingl: We now know some details of Jayme Closs' nightmare, but are there more to come?

13 year old girl kidnapped from her home by a 21-year-old after her abductor kills her parents, is held captive for over 100 days and then escapes.

what was most chilling (to me) is that he seemingly randomly decided to kidnap her after seeing her get on the bus one day while stopped behind the school bus.

he also was pretty detailed in his planning: wore gloves, shaved his head, left his headlights off his car, took out his dome light, took out his trunk light and the cord for emergencies and put stolen plates over his plates.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've been following this story for quite some time. Almost posted about it in here the other day. Definitely scariest part about this is the randomness of it all. No personal connection whatsoever to any of the victims/family.

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

i hate that story so much

10. marsupial jones

i think there were reports that he briefly worked at the same manufacturing facility as her dad but that seemed to go away as fast as i heard it. also since he lives like 100 miles away from her (or close to it) i'd find it weird he / the dad / both would drive that far for work.

every episode of Mindhunter i watched after learning about this story just made me realize how lucky she was to get away since the logic / history of these types of crimes is to look at family / friends / people close by. who knows if they would have found her / him if she didn't get away.

11. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

jpmalone4 and Aaron Mook like this.
  12. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I spent entire summers of my childhood watching unsolved mysteries reruns on lifetime.

Aaron Mook and jkauf like this.
  13. Kiana

Wanna get on that podcast bandwagon but still can't find any spooky or true crime ones that I like. I am beginning to think all podcasts are created by men aged 25-35 who think they are funny but they have been lied to several times and are just annoying.

supernovagirl likes this.
  14. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Crime Junkie! i can give some specific episode recs if you want.

Crime Junkie Podcast - Crime Junkie Podcast

ABOUT CRIME JUNKIE
    Crime Junkie is a weekly podcast dedicated to giving you a true crime fix. Every Monday, Ashley Flowers will tell you about whatever crime she’s been obsessing over that week in a way that sounds like you’re sitting around talking crime with your best friends. The storytelling is straightforward and free of rabbit holes so the cases stay suspenseful and are easy to follow.

15. Kiana

Ha I actually started that last night but fell asleep. Not cause it was bad tho cause it was my bed time!

16. zigbigwig

>:-(

but seriously though I really like Crime Junkie. I've been looking for a good crime-related podcast ever since Stranglers ended and I stopped tuning in to Sword and Scales (because of the controversies). The episodes can be very draining though, and in some episodes they add a flair at the end from talking about cute dogs to making an "If I Go Missing" folder. I feel like they put a right balance between adding a human element to the stories and keeping it detailed. Some podcasts I listened to just feel stone cold and others feel like they're just throwing out opinions after every detail.

17. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Lore is the only spooky podcast I keep up with nowadays

edit: thats a lie, New England Legends is short, fun, and informative. Plus it's hosted by Jeff Belanger (he's the researcher for the Ghost Adventures crew)

zigbigwig likes this.
  18. zigbigwig

i’ll check those out!

19. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Lmfaooo ily also I feel like @dylan would appreciate this take

20. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I feel like you're telling me I should start a podcast.

supernovagirl, zigbigwig and Kiana like this.
  21. marsupial jones

I think she’s telling 99% of the users on this site :crylaugh:

supernovagirl and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  22. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Lol this post made me spit out my juice

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

So the school district I work for, the high school principal just came in my office and told me 'we have a ghost in our auditorium' and he pulls out his phone and shows me security camera footage from this weekend at 5:45 a.m. and sure enough, there is a white ghostly figure that quickly flies across the room.

The security camera only turns on when there is movement as it's motion censored. Of course, we don't have anyone in the building at 5:45 a.m. So he went back to check more video from other dates and found three other instances of the figure flying across the room. Each one, it's a different pattern.

Absolutely wild.

24. marsupial jones

i'm picturing the typical school principal - middle age, white, boring and dry personality, a bit uptight, possibly always wearing a frown or scowl - being all giddy and excited as he goes office to office showing teachers and staff the ghost footage :crylaugh:

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

please find a way to upload footage of this