Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Creepy Experiences/Ghost Stories/Conspiracy Theories, etc Thread • Page 50

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Letterbomb31, Apr 3, 2016.

1. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Was about to leave university early but I stumbled upon a spooky looking part of our tunnel system so I’m gonna tuck myself away and read this

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

^^that's a good one. I think there's a book about it now

3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Everything that gets on my nerves in horror writing was in there. Didn’t do anything for me unfortunately

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Nosleep no good

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

had some weird sleep paralysis for the first time in a while. kept hearing what sounded like an old 50s radio broadcast, kept repeating "every angel gets its wings". which I googled and it's pretty much that quote from It's a Wonderful Life (never seen the movie before but I know of the quote - "every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings"). random as fuck though..

Matt, incognitojones, AelNire and 2 others like this.
  6. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

amorningofsleep likes this.
  7. Larry David Nov 29, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 29, 2017)
    Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This is terrifying through 3 parts. Considering buying the book that it links to, because reading a story on Reddit gives me a headache

Edit: just bought it

8. Kuri44

I was having a dream right now, nothing interesting, I was walking around the mall for the most part, but at the end my mom and I were randomly talking about my grandpas career as a doctor when she took a left turn in the conversation and said what helped him succeed was “devil worshipping”. I woke up at it was 3:33 AM

9. Trunks

Yeah theres a ghost story here about a guy whos neighbor got killed and they went in and did a seance. Pretty fucked up if its true

10. Dog with a Blog

trevorshmevor and Raditz like this.
  11. I've had 2 sleep paralysis episodes in my life. shit's terrifying.

12. Raditz

SSJ

You...

13. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

nosleep is hit or miss but I’m a fan

14. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Not sure if this was talked about in this thread, but what do you guys believe in? I’m not really out for arguments or proving people wrong, I’m just legit curious and wanted to hear some perspectives. My SO sort of believes the concept of ghosts, or that there are certain people who see anomalies. Where they come from or what they are she doesn’t feel confident to give an explanation of (which I can understand) but she does think they exist.

I don’t believe in them, but I used to have this idea when I was way younger that there are alternate realities on top of ours and those are the things we see and why some of them are eerily familiar to us. But now, I don’t anymore.

Whenever someone tells a ghost story, I do listen to their story and I don’t dismiss them. I don’t think they are lying and I don’t have answers for them either.

15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I don't believe in ghosts but I like the idea of ghosts and I guess the lore around them. I think it's touching when people believe a lost loved one is visiting them and I'm glad it gives them comfort.

16. Dog with a Blog

I basically believe in nothing. I think things happen that we can’t quite understand, but it feels archaic to associate that which is unknown with stuff like ghosts or spirits. And if those things do exist, I doubt they do in the way that we understand them now. With that said, I do think energy is real and that maybe highly negative experiences could leave some sort of an imprint or something like that. I dunno, my sister has had some weird shit happen to her, and while I believe the events happened, I don’t think it was due to a demon or whatever she thinks. I just feel that it’s pretty odd that we don’t have any conclusive evidence at this point.

17. Jams

Trusted

I think my house was haunted growing up so I believe in ghosts lol That's about all I believe in and if I hadn't had so much weird shit happen in that house I probably wouldn't have believed in them. But I have no other explanations so idk.

zigbigwig likes this.
  18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

A lot of my family believes my dad's basement is haunted but I honestly think they just say that cause it's kinda creepy looking. I lived down there for years and never felt that it was. The closest things I've had to weird experiences I can explain. I remember once I was taking a nap and it sounded like someone yelled my name in my ear desperately, like I needed to wake up right away but I was home alone. I startled awake but I think it was just an auditory hallucination. I remember once in college I felt a weight on the end of my bed when I was half asleep and thought "oh its the cat jumping on my bed" but then I remembered I wasn't home and there was no cat lol. I think those were weirdest cause they weren't as vivid as sleep paralysis usually is for me. But both of those happened while I was asleep or close to asleep so can be explained.

zigbigwig and Aaron Mook like this.
  19. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I haven't experienced anything but I would love to. Until then I am skeptical. That said, I love watching Ghost Adventures and it's my comfort show.

20. Jams

Trusted

I saw a light switch turn off and on by itself multiple times and when I screamed it flicked off and then didn't do it again. I've watched the volume dial on my radio spinning by itself with the music getting louder and louder. A metal globe start spinning for no reason. A wine glass hover in the air and then crash to the floor (which was when my mom FINALLY believed me bc she was in the room when it happened). I constantly heard voices and people calling my name when I was home alone. My brother was always seeing shadows. He didn't tell me until after I moved out of that house that he always heard movement in the attic at night. He didn't tell me bc the entrance to the attic was in my closet and he didn't want me to be scared. My dad still lives in the house. He never believed me but when I moved out he said weird shit kept happening so he started to believe me finally! It was just too much weird stuff with no explanation. It really bothered me at first but then I just got used to it. My friends hated staying over at my house though. I remember my friend waking me up crying bc the globe was spinning again. She said she heard people talking and then saw the globe start spinning. We also saw my dolls moving by themselves which was legit the scariest thing I have witnessed. Like dolls are already creepy!!

21. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

i don't believe in anything paranormal, but I'll be damned if I don't fucking love anything paranormal related. Actually went to a paranormal conference a month ago. Spoiler alert: it was shit.

zigbigwig, Jacob and Kuri44 like this.
  22. Kuri44

To The Stars is going to reveal all the edvidence through the Strange Times feature film.

23. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I believe about 90% the house I grew up in was haunted. We would see this white figure at night in the dining room all the time. We had French doors that separated the dining room from the living room and it would open the door. People that would stay the night would say they saw it too. The person who owned the house said his mom died in that house so there’s that too

zigbigwig and Aaron Mook like this.
  24. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

This is how I am. Love reading paranormal stories but I don’t believe in ghosts or anything

25. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Most are fake but still scary af lol

Aaron Mook likes this.