Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Creepy Experiences/Ghost Stories/Conspiracy Theories, etc Thread • Page 44

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Letterbomb31, Apr 3, 2016.

1. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

“Did you hear that?!”
    “Ya it’s the sounds of your viewers groaning”

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Lol i watched one recently where they were like WE EXPERIENCED SO MUCH ACTIVITY.... but didn't get any evidence of it

I love watching those with my grandma because she takes it all so srsly as fact. Its hilarious.

3. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I love that show. I spent a whole day watching a marathon. Groff has a new show on TLC but it may have gotten cancelled bc I only saw 2 episodes. If you haven't watched these dudes spoofs you should. This is my favorite.

4. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone ever do that thing where you stare into a mirror for a really long time to watch your face morph? I discovered it by accident when I was pretty young (maybe 9) and used to do it every now and then for fun/out of curiosity (never while home alone, though I didn't think it was that scary, it would be easy to psych myself out if I was alone). I looked it up recently and I saw some articles on it, some people see some pretty creepy shit (deceased relatives, smiling faces, etc). I guess some people got so shook they warned other people not to do it haha (which, btw, is the best way to ensure other people do it). Now I definitely don't think it's paranormal, it just has to do with our brain's visual hyper-sensitivity to processing faces (this is why we see faces in everything from toast to water stains). Fun to try and if you do it at night it'll creep you out for sure.

nl5011 likes this.
  5. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

How long does it take to morph?

6. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I read the best way to do it is in fairly dim lighting, ~1.5 feet from the mirror, just stare at your eyes and try not to blink or move. Shouldn't take too long, 10 seconds maybe.

AelNire likes this.
  7. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I never made this connection till now but this is probably where scrying came from.

AelNire likes this.
  8. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I shall try this. I'm a little scared but whatevs. :crylaugh:

Jacob likes this.
  9. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Post results! I just tried it again for the first time in forever and it just made my eyes seem way bigger/unalign a little. The longer you do it the weirder it tends to get though, it’s like a game of chicken haha

AelNire likes this.
  10. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Also make sure no ones gonna walk in on you. You’ll freak them the fuck out if they see you idly staring into a mirror hahaha

AelNire likes this.
  11. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I've definitely been tripping, and looked into the mirror and saw some face morphin.

12. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Psychedelics and mirrors can be a lot of fun so I've heard. I know a lot of people say to not do it but I've heard more good things than bad.

nl5011 likes this.
  13. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Psychedelics and mirrors are definitely not fun haha

supernovagirl and Aaron Mook like this.
  14. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Definitely have had some alien/UFO experiences while tripping. I personally believe there's a correlation there.

15. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I've never done psychedelics besides salvia in high school (which was a god awful experience), but I've heard stories from friends where they'll just sit in front of a mirror for like half an hour while on acid. They said it's kind of therapeutic. It can also make you look like a demon too so it's sort of a gamble.

16. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I was reaaallly baked one night in high school and tried staring into a mirror and it was definitely entrancing. Must have just been standing there staring for a solid 10 minutes. I think what's scarier than anything else visual is the sort of ego death you can experience doing that. Even just from weed I'd start to feel a strong sense of disassociation from reality.

17. AelNire Jul 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 16, 2017)
    AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I fucked up once and ate a whole chocolate covered shroom that had a red hot on the back and they said eat a 4th of that bitch at a time. I ate the whole thing. I locked myself in my car bc I thought zombies were coming out from under the house and beating on my car windows bc we were standing outside at a party.

But other times were fine. I sat with my ear against the speaker listening to Eric Clapton live for like 3 hours. It was in the middle of the party like a fuckin weirdo.

Some dude tried to drip lsd on me and one tried to stick a tab in my mouth at a huge music festival and I was like if my first experience with this is here I'm going to lose my shit.

18. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

@Jacob I made it dim and stared but my eyes just looked really close together. :tear: I stood there for a while too. I didn't know I could not blink for that long.

Jacob likes this.
  19. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

ya it varies depending on the person. I have a feeling the younger you are the more effective it is because it doesn't do much to me now either, just tried it a couple times. This morning I had stumbled upon a GMM episode where they try it which is why I was reminded of it and started looking into it more.

AelNire likes this.
  20. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I think every slumber party I've ever been to we played Light as a feather, stiff as a board.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

amorningofsleep likes this.
  23. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

crunchprank likes this.
  24. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I can't find it but the google earth with the skinny brown humanoid thing on the balcony is fake but scary as fuck.