Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Creepy Experiences/Ghost Stories/Conspiracy Theories, etc Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Letterbomb31, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I know, right? Oh my god when I first listened to that I about shit myself in fear. I mean it's exact. Apparently during sleep paralysis something happens with fluid in your ears that causes some sort of auditory sensation. Been a while since I read about it.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  2. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I had it for like a year and it was the same thing everytime something demonic looking floating over me with the sound (not quite like that scary ass one that was posted bc I would have died of a heart attack) and feeling like I was being scratched. Then one day it never happened again. *knock on wood*

3. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Sometimes I have exploding head syndrome during sleep paralysis

4. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

my sleep paralysis usually doesn't involve other people, but when it does, it's my family, and they want to hurt me :tear: thankfully that doesn't happen too frequently, it's usually just an inability to breathe or move and a lot of pain and buzzing. that doesn't happen in general too much, only when i'm off my meds.

5. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Mine have ranged as well. I remember one time my wife had gotten up to go to the bathroom and I was awake for that. I must have fallen asleep very quickly because all of a sudden I swear I felt and heard a very big dog jump on the bed and start sniffing at me and trying to, I don't know, get me I guess. Same as usual, I couldn't move, felt that heaviness on top of me and was terrified. Suddenly snapped out of it and my wife was already back in bed. The next morning I asked her about a dog and she was so confused.

6. Louie

Takes a Bit More

I used to get it all the time too. I attributed it to drinking too much caffeine and when I cut back it stopped. It got to the point where it would happen a couple times a week but never twice in a night that I can remember. Weird thing is I remember it happening to me as a very young child, under 5 years old, and it was terrifying.

It took a long time for it to happen to me as an adult, and the worse time was when it happened when I had ear buds in. After it happened enough times I realized when it was happening and tried to remain calm, you basically have to ignore the "fight or flight" response your body is giving off because you can't move and remind yourself nothing bad is really there trying to "get" you. I followed some guide I found online on how to try and have the "out of body" thing happen, but I think that isn't really possible. I do think it would be cool to try and "exploit" that middle ground between being asleep and awake, and I think that is where people get the idea they are having an out of body experience. It's just the way some people's brains rationalize what is happening when they are still partially dreaming.

Jacob likes this.
  7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Insidious scared any desire of astral projection out of me.

fenway89, Liz and Jacob like this.
  8. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I tried to turn sleep paralysis into a lucid dream, but it didn't work. The creepy girl standing in the middle of my room did not turn smoking hot and get in bed with me.

For the most part, when I have sleep paralysis I stay calm, sometimes even trying to brush it off sarcastically. What helps me get out of sleep paralysis is breathing really hard, forcing myself to snore and that gets me awake.

9. Malatesta

Astral Projection just makes me think of that fucking I Set My Friends on Fire album

10. St. Nate

Why am I on this thread? I spook to easily.

Ughh... I really played myself.

11. Malatesta

Ainsley&MyWhetstone and Jacob like this.
  12. Thrill Collins

Jacob likes this.
  13. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Aaron Mook and US Camera like this.
  14. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I remember the second one. Their mouths were taped shut and the photo was found by someone in a parking lot :cringe:

15. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

I'm having this same problem right now.

16. St. Nate

I have two ways of dealing with this. Comedy and... the other one I can't actually mention on this site.

Ainsley&MyWhetstone likes this.
  17. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Yeeeeeees. Gives me the willies.

18. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Sooo my friend is a second grade teacher and she had an occurrence in her classroom that freaked me out when she told me about it.

So she got a new kid in her classroom and she got a new kid in her class a couple of months ago. On the kids second day a couple of kids in her class came up to her and told her that the new kid was scaring them because he kept telling other kids that a man with no eyes and no face was in the corner of the room. Since there was a distinct lack of a faceless man in the room, she told the kid to knock it off and stop scaring the other kids.

Then in the middle of class later that day the kid jumps up, runs over to the window, gasps, and says "the man with no eyes and no face is hurting a kid on the playground!" She looked outside and there was nobody there. She sent the kid to the school therapist and she found out that the kid had been looking at Slenderman stuff online. I had never heard to Slenderman before, but I guess his story is that he tells kids to do things in their head. There is a real news story about a couple of girls stabbing there friend and leaving her in the woods because Slenderman told them to.

I won't post a pic here but there are some creepy ass pictures of Slenderman out there. Turns out the kid has a history of violence and stuff so I hope he can get the help he needs for himself and those around him.

19. omgrawr

20. omgrawr

Ha I went to a Kanye show at Milwaukee's Summerfest about five years ago and almost booked a room in this hotel before I found out that's where Dahmer's first kill was. After that I read a ton about Dahmer and it ruined my whole day lol. Idk why I do that to myself but I get fascinated with stuff like that and then just wish I could unlearn everything I read.

So really what I'm getting at is I have no idea why I'm even in this thread but there is about a 100% chance I'll come back to it.

21. theagentcoma

22. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The family talks about how my great gma would Astral project or whatever. She said she'd watch my dad and his brothers sleep through doing it and he claims she would describe all this specific stuff about them that she saw. She died eventually and afterwards my gma said she was asleep and her light up Simon says game was going off and it was her mom's spirit communicating through it. It freaked me out as a kid and made me scared of those dumb toys forever. when I watched paranormal activity: the marked ones where that's a thing that happens I was like ahhhh brujería!!

23. theagentcoma

24. The guy who narrates the Top15s is so... bad.

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Cracked has some pretty interesting ones in their archives