Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Creepy Experiences/Ghost Stories/Conspiracy Theories, etc Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Letterbomb31, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Aaron Mook likes this.
  2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

can you hear me? likes this.
  3. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

imo the creepy subs on reddit are like some of the tamest shit :/ to each their own tho haha. r/fearme is usually decent

4. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

why do I always find thread's like these justbefore bed?!?! You've all probably read them, but the top stories of all-time on r/nosleep written from the point-of-view of the search & rescue guy are all really well-written IMO. All seem very real until it went too far with the "stairs" crap...

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Askreddit usually has links to disturbing videos/pictures online. I don't enjoy the fake stories

6. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I feel like I've seen/heard/read about almost everything creepy. It's nice when I run across something I've never seen before.

7. Malatesta

it's passe (ironically) to say "it was good before it got popular" but that is one place where i truly feel like Slenderman and other creepy pasta had a certain obscure, alt-reality magic to them because they were so relatively out of pop culture that it gave them a sense of weird reality

troyplaysbass likes this.
  8. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

How about the album of pictures that were taken of people before they were killed?

can you hear me? likes this.
  9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

That one is super creepy. The one with the girl who is sort of putting her hands up to the camera, really fucked me up.

OhTheWater likes this.
  10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Regina Kay Walters. I'll never forget her name after seeing those photos

11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yes. That is probably the most terrifying picture in existence.

12. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I know what picture you're talking about so I guess I've seen it. The kid in the trunk that no one has identified and the 2 kids tied up on the bed are in it too?

13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Hmmm those don't sound familiar to me.

14. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

My sleep paralysis has been getting worse and I'm legit scared to fall asleep now. Never had that problem. I feel like when I tell people who haven't experienced it they think I'm making shit up or something. It's also not the same as just having a nightmare, it's completely different, though there is that dream-like kind of disassociation. The other night I was in SD and experienced it, and I heard what I thought was my mom telling me to look at the boy in the mirror (I couldn't turn to look). I saw a shadowy figure and realized it was someone pretending to be my mom. Same usual sleep paralysis shit though, was obviously half awake in my room, couldn't move, could only try to close my eyes. I get it's not real and it's just a half-awake/half-asleep dream state but it's still creepy as fuck.

15. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I feel you. I haven't had it in close to two years now. Once in awhile I will get it after I smoke, but it's pretty rare these days. It got to a point where it happened so often it really didn't affect me anymore. I knew what I was feeling wasn't real so I just relaxed and waited for it to go away.

16. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

There are so many that I'm probably talking about something completely different.

17. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

That's good it's subsided for you. Sometimes I'm able to relax, depends on how intense it is. The shitty part is it can happen multiple times a night so I don't get any sleep. Anyways, since this is the paranormal thread, my brother says frequent sleep paralysis is a prelude to being able to astral project. I've read a little bit on it and many people claim to be able to do it but it's all a bit much out there. They claim it's visiting some other realm but there's really no reason to believe that's true (I mean, what would that even mean). Maybe it's just really hardcore lucid dreaming?

18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting, I've never heard that before.

Lucid dreaming is pretty fucking awesome btw haha

fenway89 and Jacob like this.
  19. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Regina Key Walters photo is terrifying. Something that actually makes my skin crawl.

Trigger warning for this next one because it honestly is upsetting.

Another one (I cannot remember if I found this story through the AP thread or not) is the disappearance of Amy Lynn Bradley from a cruise ship in 1998. The whole story behind it is disturbing and research over the years (including some very disconcerting photos from a prostitution site discovered in 2004) highly suggest that she was kidnapped away from her family by the crew and sold into sexual slavery. The photos from that site (which you can find online) were studied by the FBI agent on her case and he has said he is so sure it's her that he would stake his career on it. There have also been numerous possible sightings of her by various sources that corroborate this theory. She was only 23, had just finished college and was going to be a teacher. Horrifying.

20. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I remember this and it's so unsettling. Disappearance cases like this one are so upsetting to me. I can't imagine how anyone would be able to cope with not knowing what happened to their loved one. Gives me the chills.

21. Nyquist

I had posted a Sleep Paralysis thread on AP a long time ago because I experience it pretty frequently myself and I hate it. The worst one for me was an experience wherein I was frozen in my bed and there were lights coming in through my window and I heard this horrible noise and I felt like I was being abducted. When I finally snapped out of it I honestly thought I had been for a second because I had been able to see my clock in the sleep paralysis state and, when I snapped out of it, the clock was reading two hours later. Then I calmed down and realized how silly that was. When I went searching for an explanation for the noise I had heard online I found this video:

Someone had recreated the sound they'd heard during their own experience and it's the exact same noise I heard (although mine is the sound that starts at around fifteen seconds in). When I played that video I had chills. Ugh. Still hate that sound.

Jacob likes this.
  22. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

@Nyquist what. the. fuck. that noise is so eerily similar to a noise i've heard before while in sleep paralysis. i'd honestly put that sound out of my brain for the past couple of years. so fucking weird.

23. Nyquist

Same here. I can't imagine that scenario for too long because it's just too upsetting. I worked with a charity for a while that dealt directly with human trafficking and it was extremely difficult. Very hard to take.

24. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Oh ya, so for those of you who know what (TW) Daisy Destruction is (for those who don't, seriously consider if you want to look into it, it's absolutely foul and I've only read the description of it), the guy who created the video was caught last year. His name is Peter Scully, you can look him up on wikipedia. Insanely terrifying stuff.

25. Malatesta

those victim photographers break my heart. too fucking real.