Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Coffee Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by bodkins, Jun 8, 2016.

1. chris

Trusted Supporter

oh easily. Sucks that there isn't a Dunkin in Oregon so I'm ~600 miles to the nearest one haha. We have Dutch Bros. though and their iced coffee is pretty comparable.

2. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah they don't have a dunkin around the minneapolis metro which is sad, but they have it where i grew up in wisconsin with a population of like 50 thousand. so bizarre.

3. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

There are at least 9 Dunkins in my town of 27,000

4. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

the most jealous right now

5. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I stopped going to Dunkin when I tried Dutch Bros' iced mocha. So much better there.

If I'm at home, I drink Folgers with French vanilla creamer. And that's all I can contribute to this thread.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  6. Dunkin Donuts is fucking horrible coffee.

Aj LaGambina, ECV, coleslawed and 3 others like this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

No matter what coffee I drink, I pour it over ice.

8. Mr. Serotonin

My friends prefer it to Starbucks and I think they're crazy.

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i love starbucks do not give a fuuuuck give me the caramel waffle cone frap every day of the fuckin weeeeek

10. Mr. Serotonin

I like Starbucks cause it has the most caffeine. I don't really like to fuck around. ('cept for sometimes)

11. The Starbucks Cold Brew is delicious. A little milk, no sugar.

Aj LaGambina and coleslawed like this.
  12. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

tim hortons is coming to minnesota, WAD UP

13. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

I like both Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts, though I go to Dunkin' more often since there's basically one on every corner here. I drink coffee constantly, but I'm not picky about it at all.

14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

my mom just bought a new coffee machine, just had my first coffee from it and it was good need to figure out the brand, also not sure what kind of beans were in there we have a ton of different coffee beans

15. Surfwax

dunks
    caramel swirl
    1 cream 2 sugars

it's not good coffee but it's a delightful drink i'll tell you that much

16. MattNCheeze

Trusted

M coffee light cream light sugar. That's the only way to order Dunks.

I made ice coffee during work today and didn't realize how much I put in my cup and now I'm fucking wired.

17. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

yeah dunkin iced toasted almond is barely coffee, its just a sugar drink and probably my biggest vice besides beer lol

18. Surfwax

using the word light out loud at dunks is asking to get your coffee snow white. you like to live dangerously my friend

19. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Interesting. I always double check the receipt because its rang up as "less cream + sgr". I've never had a bad cup. Granted, it could be a total placebo and my coffee is more milk then coffee but hey what do I know.

20. fishguts182

Regular

Usually get a starbucks doubleshot on ice for break at work. At home usually just brew a pot using Lavazza beans.

21. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It took me a lot of context clues to figure out what "Dunks" meant

We don't have many around here

22. Surfwax

i feel pretty bad as a fan of good coffee to contribute to the dunkin starbuck hijack

Anyone use aeropress? thoughts on it vs pourover or french press?

23. bodkins

Trusted

I've got an Aeropress and prefer pour overs pretty much one hundred percent of the time. Typically I brew using either a Kalita Wave or V60, though I like Chemex as well.

I do prefer it over a French press however. It still gets some of the body like you get in a French press, but is cleaner because of the filter. Not a fan of sediment in my coffee I suppose.

24. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

My friend just opened his own coffee shop today. I'm so happy there's truly great coffee in my area now (there were a few coffee shops, but nothing I'd categorize as good). Never going to Starbucks again. He gave me a fresh beignet too... so delicious.

25. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

[​IMG]

This coffee rules.