Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Coffee Thread • Page 18

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by bodkins, Jun 8, 2016.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

it’s pretty great, although I have to be more intentional now about supporting smaller local roasters, too.

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Anyone ever try bones coffee?

3. flask

Trusted Supporter

just looked at their website thats a no thanks from me

4. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

jorbjorb, RyanPm40 and Leftandleaving like this.
  5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

lmao just got some for Christmas - excited

bodkins likes this.
  6. flask

Trusted Supporter

not even trying to be a ~snob~ or anything. flavored coffee grounds just sound disgusting.

7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'd personally rather get a flavored coffee with Torani syrup than flavored grounds. But I resort to them at home in the Keurig when lazy. Cinnabon, pumpkin spice, blueberry, and vanilla caramel usually.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  8. RyanPm40

We bought some k-cups from them, and they knowingly had an issue degassing that batch, so it would spurt hot water out and got a ton of coffee grounds in the cup. Ended up pouring it into a reusable k cup we use for regular grounds and it tasted fine, but nothing amazing

Leftandleaving likes this.
  9. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I bought some Torani cinnamon that I use sparingly with non-flavored coffee. Tried some vanilla and caramel ones but didn’t really like them.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. This was the only place I could find that it would be appreciated but we have a Keurig at the office and we fill it with a Brita. Sounds nice, except the brita was growing mold at the bottom and the keurig reservoir had a ton of carbon gathered at the bottom and had NO FILTER! So I have spent the last couple days cleaning, descaling, and replacing filters. I feel like a super hero and this really shouldn't be the case. I have set some reminders for myself to replace and descale regularly. Now to figure out this other machine we have the looks high tech and something I can try my new Stage Right Coffee Co. (Mark Hoppus' bass tech's new side-hustle) coffee with! It's a Breville thing. I assume it's an espresso machine? Excited to figure it out!

11. flask

Trusted Supporter

One day I wanna own a Linea mini

bodkins likes this.
  12. RyanPm40

Wait, are Keurigs supposed to have filters at the bottom of the tank? Mine doesn't heh. I just descale with white vinegar every few months, disassemble the components the k cup sits in, and then take a tooth brush to those and the nail

13. i believe there may be some models that don't need it so you can always check your model but yeah, this one IS supposed to have a filter.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Has anyone had Onyx coffee? Thoughts?

bodkins likes this.
  15. flask

Trusted Supporter

Onyx is a good roaster.

maryp1603 likes this.
  16. bodkins

Trusted

Onyx is one of my favorite roasters. I’m ordering from them pretty much 50% of the time lately.

17. SpartanEmily

I love putting vanilla ice cream in freshly brewed coffee and just letting it melt. It's like a Starbucks Frappuccino

18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Bluedm likes this.
  19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i love affogato

waking season likes this.
  20. Bluedm

*Shows off Google Knowledge Panel*

I know this will sound so stupid, but I really like Starbucks' Caramel Macchiato, which I realized you can get the same exact flavor by making an iced latte with just a bit more sugar than normal until it tastes candy sweet. I would also recommend using a light blend of coffee for that perfect flavor, but it also works with darker blends too if needed.

maryp1603 and waking season like this.
  21. my partner is pulling her hair out trying to find a good compact grinder. Everything she’s seeing is huge. The kitchenaid blade one we currently use holds about 8 oz. but has terrible reviews it turns out and she’s convinced it’s making terrible grilounds. anyone got a compact one they love? We usually make cold brew. We love our toddy but it also seems too big as of late. Been using the French press more lately.

22. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Dark Matter continues to rule.
    DE0D58CA-38AA-421B-987B-DCBB44331C84.jpeg

23. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I like black coffee. All kinds, doesnt matter - unless its store brand. Which I wont drink.

At work, we have a K cup machine, and they ran out of dark, and Ive been having lighter blend coffee which I couldnt stand. I had to shell money to get some in the store. Finally, they ordered some, and I rejoiced :)

24. OhTheWater Mar 15, 2023
    (Last edited: Mar 15, 2023)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Want to venture into some better coffee options. Right now I’m doing about 3 a day, black, using the mini-Keurig and coffee grounds in the reusable K-Cup filter. Any recs for good ground coffee to drink black?

edit:
    I should clarify, I’m a teacher who is just brewing cups in between classes on my desk. I understand freshly ground/pour over/other methods will get me better tasting coffee, haha. I’m just asking what the best pre-ground stuff to buy so that I can make a cup on the go.

25. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Reanimate coffee in Philly is good. They would grind it for you there too if you wanted.

OhTheWater likes this.