1. Limited edition Chorus.fm Pride Merch is available for the month of June. All proceeds to go to charity.
    Dismiss Notice

The Coffee Thread • Page 17

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by bodkins, Jun 8, 2016.

1. bodkins

Trusted Supporter

Scale will help a ton! From portioning your coffee, to flow rates (if pour over) and total water.

I’d say yes, in my experience they are different enough. Similarities for sure, they are both full immersion brewers. The difference is the Aeropress makes use of a filter as well, essentially making it a hybrid brewer. To me, flavor is typically “cleaner” with the Aeropress, meaning more flavor clarity. Not to mention it’s also hella easy to clean ha. Plus they’re just kinda cool to be honest.

ChaseTx likes this.
  2. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Do people have a preferred non dairy creamer? I usually just use half and half but my wife was wanting something different and this Oatly I have is not it for me.

3. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Yes, I'm using Chemex which I feel is particularly finicky haha. Going to start shopping for scale!

bodkins likes this.
  4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

oh, man, I love oat milk as my creamer. add a little maple syrup or honey, ooooooh man it’s delicious.

almond is good as well, and a little more naturally sweet.

waking season likes this.
  5. bodkins

Trusted Supporter

Any kitchen scale should get the job done, but I prefer the ones that have a built in timer as well. Purely convenience since your phone timer could function exactly the same. I just like seeing weight and time in one place.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  6. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I have a nice Hario scale. Would recommend.

7. ChaseTx

Nuke the site from orbit. The only way to be sure Prestigious

Got a $20 Escali one from Target. Confirmed the ratio I have been using is pretty accurate

8. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Just got a Hario scale with built-in timer delivered today. Thanks guys!

coleslawed and bodkins like this.
  9. bodkins

Trusted Supporter

Very nice! That's the one I used to use, great choice. Enjoy brewing with it!

aspeedomodel likes this.
  10. T_Zam

Man, do you use a manual grinder? I mean, I purchased a french press recently, but everyone is telling me that I should get a grinder and try dork roasted coffee which is better for French press. Is that true? Btw, I looked through the market and found some here. If you have one of those let me know, pls

11. flask

Trusted

all of those grinders look solid. The biggest thing you want is that it’s a burr grinder as that’ll give you a more even grind than other types of grinders. As for what I grind it with....I actually get it pre ground at the shop lol. Not the best option but I don’t have the money for a grinder right now