Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Coffee Thread • Page 12

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by bodkins, Jun 8, 2016.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Picked up some Collectivo Del Sol breakfast blend in Milwaukee this weekend. Nice mild cup for my train commutes.

BoldType likes this.
  2. I've been wanting to try them out! Which one do you recommend I start with?

I'm a huuuuge fan of Proyecto Diaz. Also big on Cat & Cloud's The Answer blend.

bodkins and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  3. SuperCoolFool

I have to tell you something....I eat lightbulbs

i saw this wheel chart thing of the different flaovrs of coffee, with shit like "chocolate-y" and "black" and stuff like that but there was one that was just labeled as "meaty".
    can anyone describe to me wtf "meaty coffee" is/tastes like

BTDandFeelingThis and flask like this.
  4. Cat & Cloud's Friend Zone is decent

Friend Zone Decaf

also great name for decaf coffee IMO

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  5. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

sorry, thread was sleeping.
    just needs a quick pick-me-up :coffee:

6. [​IMG]

7. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Anyone have a KCup recommendation? I really need to stop buying Starbucks multiple times a day. I love their iced black coffee, so anything similar would be appreciated!

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been all about Kona coffee. That’s goodness to my mouth.

9. Hey there! Idk if it’s sac religious around these parts but I’m an iced coffee fan. My wife started making cold brew at home and I was like “man my dad did something similar to this when I was growing up but he would just match it on Sunday and microwave it throughout the week.” Turns out he had a toddy and I didn’t realize how hip he was (other than microwaving it.) he was so excited when I asked him about and he want into all the science behind why it’s better and it doesn’t burn the natural oils in the coffee and all this stuff. He was over the moon and gave it to us (he loves his keurig now.) so now we’re making cold brew at home weekly. As far as coffee goes, I drink whatever my wife drinks. I’m not picky but she is. I’ll find out what we drink at home and report back.

10. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Hmmmm. S’morey Time. Hands down my favorite flavor.

I haven’t heard of that brand I need to try it

BoldType likes this.
  11. flask

Trusted Supporter

Under extracted espresso can tastes kinda salty and subtly...hammy? Idk but I’ve definitely tasted it before.

bodkins likes this.
  12. BTDandFeelingThis

So how do you all buy your coffee?? I buy whole bean and grind own. It tastes so much better than the pre ground can shit

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Cold brew is the shit. I think it’s supposed to be less acidic too.

David Parke likes this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Same.

15. AlwaysEvolving21 Jun 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 3, 2019)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’m currently at Dark Horse coffee. Never been here before. All I know is Jordan from New Found Glory loves it haha.

16. chewbacca110

I typically buy Dark Matter (I'm in Chicago) and have them grind it for drip at the store. My lady and I go through a pound pretty quickly since we both drink coffee everyday so it never loses freshness.

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Have you had Ipsento? I lived near there about 6 years ago. I thought they were so good.

18. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I work at a coffee company so I don't buy coffee anymore, ha. I bring home fresh roasted coffee for the weekend and grind it at home.

coleslawed and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  19. BTDandFeelingThis

You have truly obtained Valhalla

coleslawed and chhholly123 like this.
  20. chewbacca110

I don't think so? I've of course had Intelligentsia - but Dark Matter is just so good that I rarely go outside of my DM go-tos.

Maybe you all would know - are there any specific types of coffee beans that compliment milk well? I always like a splash to cut the acidity (thanks to IBS) and I find some darker roasts make for a more chocolatey coffee once milk is added.

This is my go-to: Giant Steps (Dark Roast) - Dark Matter Coffee

21. BTDandFeelingThis

I have at least one cup a morning on weekdays and then take a thermos to work with me.

On weekends it’s fair game and I’ll have 2-4 cups daily

BoldType likes this.

22. I buy whole bean and grind as I brew it.

I get my coffee on subscription via my friends coffee shop (such a cool story he's in his mid 20s and decided to start his own coffee place from scratch after working in the coffee industry since high school...nicest dude who is building a cool little thing in his town) but I also order speciality stuff online from places I love or any place I stumble upon in the real world.

23. oh yea I totally get this. I work from home twice a week though and find my weekend coffee etiquette bleeding into my work days haha but during the week I try to keep it to one cup on the drive in.

24. BTDandFeelingThis

Yeah I try to make sure I’m done with coffee by 2 on weekdays or I will not be sleeping that night lol

BoldType likes this.

25. Iced coffee is so underrated. I find that certain coffees actually taste better iced or were intended that way. Also shoutout to your dad for being an OG coffee connoisseur

coleslawed and David Parke like this.