Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Coffee Thread • Page 11

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by bodkins, Jun 8, 2016.

1. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

if i ever have to resort to starbucks i just say small, medium, or large.

don't @ me

flask, Nate_Johnson and anthony like this.
  2. flask

Trusted Supporter

I can’t imagine being stuck up about Stumptown, the Dane Cook of specialty coffee roasters.

anthony likes this.
  3. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

A has been?

anthony likes this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Sounds like she needs a "Don't talk to me unless I've had my coffee" shirt.

BirdPerson, anthony and Nate_Johnson like this.
  5. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Although that woman sounds stupid I do never see kids at my local coffee shops, never really thought about it but I can't remember seeing a child in the few I may frequent.

6. anthony

I don’t know? Maybe it depends on where the shop is located?

7. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I feel like I always see parents with kids at my local coffee shop (myself included). But my neighborhood is very family friendly to say the least.

anthony likes this.
  8. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Hey yall...I love coffee and am a daily drinker, but I’m having heart palpitations and anxiety so it’s probably a good idea to forego caffeine for a while. Trouble is, I have yet to find decaf that doesn’t taste like piss. Ideas?

9. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

It you are having palpitations then it’s probably best to take a break for a bit. Try this: drink at least one full water bottle before you drink coffee. The palpitations could possibly come from the fact that you are dehydrated.

coleslawed, skogsraet and anthony like this.
  10. anthony

I second Nate. I drink a really unusual amount of coffee. Probably about a gallon of coffee and between 2-10 double shots of espresso a day. I sort of just always have a cup of some sort of warm beverage in my hand at all times. I asked a doctor at one point if this was “healthy” and essentially, she said as long as I’m drinking roughly twice as much water as I am coffee/espressoo, I’m a-ok.

All that said, if you have heart issues in general maybe ask your doctor, but for most people just keep a 2/1 relationship with your water/coffee consumption and you’ll be fine. Other than having to pee constantly.

skogsraet and Nate_Johnson like this.
  11. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

That’s interesting, wouldn’t have thought of that. Thanks!!

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  12. flask

Trusted Supporter

I have a 16oz water bottle and probably drink 4-5 of them a shift. I'm drinking espresso every two hours so it definitely helps.

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Anyone ever had this stuff?

chewbacca110 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Just realized there was some Stumptown talk on the last page... I live in Dallas, so I don't really know about Stumptown as a retail store or a company really, just tried the cold brew in the bottle recently and I'm kinda new to cold brew so I was interested to see what others thought of it.

bodkins and Nate_Johnson like this.
  15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

'Tis delish.

waking season and Nate_Johnson like this.
  16. bodkins

Trusted

I’ve lost a bit of the taste I once had for Cold Brew, but as far as the bottled store sold stuff, I think Stumptown is solid. Didn’t realize they had a single origin offering, I’d try that. The nitro cans are cool, but the sparkling versions are a little too much for me.

I prefer the La Colombe drinks myself. Their pure black (I think that’s what they call it) is probably my favorite cold coffee as far as ready to drink goes. Also dig their vanilla latte.

17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I like it, but it's like $4 a bottle. I bought some on sale for $1.75 and it was definitely worth that.

I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I've recently started drinking cold brew, because other forms of caffeine don't really seem to affect me much. Half of that Stumptown and I was already getting jittery though.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  18. bodkins

Trusted

I would buy them up at 1.75 for energy reasons alone.

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I bought all that they had. They were on sale because they were like a week out from the best by date. Doesn't bother me though, they still tasted fine.

bodkins and Nate_Johnson like this.
  20. bodkins

Trusted

I realized I never posted this, but my wife and I purchased an espresso machine and launched a coffee/chocolate pop up in our hometown where specialty coffee is lacking. It’s been challenging, but really fun at the same time. Hopefully someday we’ll have a shop. Here’s a photo of the espresso setup:

21. flask

Trusted Supporter

Nice little set up! The GS3 can handle a surprisingly heavy workload.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  22. bodkins

Trusted

It’s a beast, definitely can work faster than I can.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  23. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I found some old vanilla beans from a pumpkin ale I brewed two years ago and threw them in with my coffee to steep for cold brew. This stuff is incredible.

coleslawed and chewbacca110 like this.
  24. can we revive this thread? :coffee:

coleslawed and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  25. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Bones Coffee is life. Bones Coffee is love. Whole bean and fresh