The Classic Crime Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DejaMoi, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Colin Your Enthusiasm

''The Love Between You And I'' Prestigious

Kickstarter link: The Classic Crime's follow up to "Phoenix" by The Classic Crime — Kickstarter

Crazy that it is almost fully backed considering it was only posted a few hours ago. I'm excited for this. I think The Silver Cord is their best work but Phoenix is a very close second. Also their Acoustic EP: Seattle Sessions is very solid. Great band looking forward to their follow up to Phoenix. Anybody else like them here?

2. Benjamin Lee

"Pale Sulking White Boy"

The fans of TCC are really impressive. It backed in three and a half hours. haha The band's good though.

Vagabonds > Phoenix > The Silver Cord > What Was Done: Volume 1 > Seattle Sessions > Albatross.

josephcissell and DejaMoi like this.
  3. ChiliTacos

Trusted Supporter

I enjoyed Albatross back in the day when it was released, but for whatever reason I never listened to another one of their albums. I'll get on that.

DejaMoi likes this.
  4. sponsor
  5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

You should they have some gems in their discography.

6. Benjamin Lee

"Pale Sulking White Boy"

Albatross is by far their weakest output. Recommend going to Phoenix next, it has elements of every release on it and is probably their most cohesive album. :-)

DejaMoi likes this.
  7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

My favourite release is definitely the Seattle Sessions EP. I don't know if that's something that anyone would agree with.

Always find it pretty impressive at how quickly their Kickstarters get funded. A band with a dedicated support base.

8. josephcissell

Regular

Love these guys and I am so excited to see they’re well on their way to putting out some new music early next year.

9. ianebaldwin

ianebaldwin.com @ianebaldwin

Interview between Jake Denning and Matt MacDonald of The Classic Crime.

10. Benjamin Lee

"Pale Sulking White Boy"

DejaMoi likes this.
  11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Seems like only one song is explicit which is probably a swear word or two no big deal. Cool to hear the clips seems pretty soft though, hopefully there are a few bangers.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  12. Benjamin Lee

"Pale Sulking White Boy"

It seems the chorus of Wonder says "fuck". I don't personally care, but it'll be interesting to see the backlash from the Christian community. It seems to be like, 50% chill, and 50% not. Though 30 seconds can't really say whether or not chill songs build and become bangers (like Beautiful Darkside, or Heaven and Hell)

awakeohsleeper and DejaMoi like this.
  13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

They are on Bad Christian so it should be ok lol

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  14. Benjamin Lee

"Pale Sulking White Boy"

Well, King's Kaleidoscope said "fuck" in a song and that got a ton of backlash so I don't know.

15. Colin Your Enthusiasm

New song this week!!!